Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My inverter failed shortly after install- Now No Solar during hottest months of the year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, glad you finally got through to someone that could help!

I wonder what wacky CS system exists that allows someone to modify a ticket and remove narrative? I've seen systems with a wiki-type editing history log. But never one that allowed someone to just strike stuff from record.

Bad CS system would explain in part how Tesla customer support has been so bad. Tesla seems very into developing its own software including ERP and owner forum systems. I would not be surprised if they developed their own CS system. The owner forum system was the worst piece of crap I have ever used so I would not be surprised if the CS system is not much better.

Bad CS system would explain in part how Tesla customer support has been so bad. Tesla seems very into developing its own software including ERP and owner forum systems. I would not be surprised if they developed their own CS system. The owner forum system was the worst piece of crap I have ever used so I would not be surprised if the CS system is not much better.
I don't know what else they use, but I do know they use confluence.
Of course, that's generally only used for posting policies for employee's to follow, or KB articles.
If they don't use salesforce or a similar CRM it could explain why some of my emails got "lost" or potentially deleted.

Wow, glad you finally got through to someone that could help!

I wonder what wacky CS system exists that allows someone to modify a ticket and remove narrative? I've seen systems with a wiki-type editing history log. But never one that allowed someone to just strike stuff from record.

its a pretty poor CS system that would allow editing of historical stuff like that, even from a lead. Only a system admin for the system itself should be able to delete that kind of data, and they wouldnt have any reason to.

In any case, OP glad you got some resolution.

Reactions: Squeezit
I'm not paying for the equipment of course, I have the warranty. I'm paying for the cost of my electric in the most expensive part of the year for my state.

I've had solar since January but it's only been active since March due to errors Tesla made in my paperwork and took them forever to fix so I could turn it on.

9 days ago my inverter broke. I've been on grid power every since. Tesla support is so bad to top it off.
So today they FINALLY sent someone to look at my inverter. 20 minutes later he tells me it's dead and needs to be replaced. He tells me it'll take about 3 weeks to get the part (admittedly he was estimating he did say he doesn't know how long it will take to get the part), and they won't schedule me until the part arrives, so roughly 5 weeks from now it should be repaired.

I live in Arizona, June and July are the hottest months of the year with temperatures already hitting 120.

I also have a utility company that punishes solar users by charging us higher fees if we use grid power while on solar not to mention we are also charged higher rates between 2-8pm which is conveniently the hottest part of the day. My AC is running 24/7, nothing I can do about that.
So not only am I paying higher rates than the normal person, I'm paying these rates at the same time as paying my solar.
My electric bill SHOULD be 250 (my loan). It's currently looking like I'm going to pay around 650 for the entire outage out of pocket for my electric + my loan.

While I'm grateful I have the grid to fall back on, I'm pretty ticked off at Tesla and their indifference to my plight. I asked for a courtesy credit to help me out as I'm paying around 650 or so this month for my electric bill + my solar bill. They told me no as they don't guarantee service. My issue is that I've been allowed to use the system for less than 3 months and it's already costing me more than it ever saved me).
My experience is nearly identical to yours Jan/Mar timeline plus we had a wiring issue that needed to be fixed in May because were were seeing a weird shape graph on our production. We experienced a power outage on 6/22 where I lost power in the house for a few seconds (two other outages had been seamless). Solar production stopped at that moment and the PowerWall Plus that I have with the inverter started blinking every 5 seconds while the other is acting normal. First technician on 6/29 said it was MCI's in strings. The tech said the panels are doing their job and, it's the inverter. Tesla is aware of the problem and has a "Master List" of customers who just have to wait for Tesla to figure out a fix. I asked for a new inverter, and the tech said no that they were not going to do that--he had asked. I was producing about 70/kwh per day, so I estimate that I'm in the hole $550 as of today. How long am I supposed to wait for them to figure out how to fix it?