Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to the gym.

DougR25

May 7, 2018
Palmdale, California
I know it's silly but, is anyone else a little apprehensive about driving their Model 3 to the gym? I'm a little nervous about hopping into the car after a workout. How will those fancy leather seats hold up to sweaty workout clothes?

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA

ecarfan

Sep 21, 2013
West Vancouver, British Columbia
The seat material is little different from typical quality car seats offered by most manufacturers. Don’t worry about it. Modern seat materials are extremely durable and are sealed against stains and dirt. Even the white seats Tesla offers in the S/X (and soon the 3) are almost impossible to stain. People have poured red wine and ketchup on them and it just wipes off without leaving a trace. Don’t worry about your gym clothes.

Reactions: MelaniainLA

derekmw

Oct 3, 2016
San Diego, CA
These type of posts kind of reminds me of going to grandma's house (not meant to offend poster at all). I say just take simple precautions but don't get overly concerned about it or you'll end up not enjoying the car...

plastic-slipcovers-for-furniture-clear-vinyl-sofa-slipcovers-clear-plastic-furniture-slipcovers.jpg

seattlite2004

Apr 12, 2016
Puget Sound
I know it's silly but, is anyone else a little apprehensive about driving their Model 3 to the gym? I'm a little nervous about hopping into the car after a workout. How will those fancy leather seats hold up to sweaty workout clothes?
They aint leather...they are some sort of plastic/vinyl material. Some say "vegan"...but what is that exactly? I'm thinking some crude oil was used to create those seats.

TT97

Aug 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I use these :)

3-locker-room-1-300x225.jpg

But seriously, according to the Owner's Manual, the seats are polyurethane. The seats are very durable and can easily be cleaned with water and mild soap. In essence, the seats are the same material as the covers of Pro-V1 golf balls so avoid hitting your wedge thin and you will be ok.

DougR25

May 7, 2018
Palmdale, California
These type of posts kind of reminds me of going to grandma's house (not meant to offend poster at all). I say just take simple precautions but don't get overly concerned about it or you'll end up not enjoying the car...

View attachment 301366
Funny. No offense at all. The reason for the post was because, since I configured on 3/28, I've been watching videos and reading articles about performance and features and things like that, but, nobody is really talking about the day to day driving. During my commute I have a lot of time to think and that's something that popped into my head. How will the seats hold up? What are the alternatives to Tesla's double sided tape license plate mount? I guess I'll have all my questions answered on Sunday when I pick up the car.

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
Have you heard about towels? They work well when put between the human body and the car seat :p
Do you know where your towel is?

View attachment 301366
Oh, my grandmother did that.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC