TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Going to the gym.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by DougR25, May 15, 2018.

1. DougR25

DougR25 Member

I know it's silly but, is anyone else a little apprehensive about driving their Model 3 to the gym? I'm a little nervous about hopping into the car after a workout. How will those fancy leather seats hold up to sweaty workout clothes?

• Funny x 1
  2. arcus

arcus Active Member

Have you heard about towels? They work well when put between the human body and the car seat :p

• Funny x 6
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The seat material is little different from typical quality car seats offered by most manufacturers. Don’t worry about it. Modern seat materials are extremely durable and are sealed against stains and dirt. Even the white seats Tesla offers in the S/X (and soon the 3) are almost impossible to stain. People have poured red wine and ketchup on them and it just wipes off without leaving a trace. Don’t worry about your gym clothes.

• Like x 1
  4. P=VI

P=VI Member

• Like x 1
  5. derekmw

derekmw Member

These type of posts kind of reminds me of going to grandma's house (not meant to offend poster at all). I say just take simple precautions but don't get overly concerned about it or you'll end up not enjoying the car...

plastic-slipcovers-for-furniture-clear-vinyl-sofa-slipcovers-clear-plastic-furniture-slipcovers.jpg

• Funny x 10
    • Love x 3
    • Like x 2
  6. seattlite2004

seattlite2004 Member

They aint leather...they are some sort of plastic/vinyl material. Some say "vegan"...but what is that exactly? I'm thinking some crude oil was used to create those seats.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. Rountad

Rountad Member

8. TT97

TT97 Active Member

I use these :)

[​IMG]

But seriously, according to the Owner's Manual, the seats are polyurethane. The seats are very durable and can easily be cleaned with water and mild soap. In essence, the seats are the same material as the covers of Pro-V1 golf balls so avoid hitting your wedge thin and you will be ok.

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 4
  9. DougR25

DougR25 Member

Funny. No offense at all. The reason for the post was because, since I configured on 3/28, I've been watching videos and reading articles about performance and features and things like that, but, nobody is really talking about the day to day driving. During my commute I have a lot of time to think and that's something that popped into my head. How will the seats hold up? What are the alternatives to Tesla's double sided tape license plate mount? I guess I'll have all my questions answered on Sunday when I pick up the car.

10. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

I've been taking my Model 3 to the gym every weekday since I received it and the seats are holding up nicely so far.

11. lirandy

lirandy Member

I don't own the M3 yet, but I believe it will definitely work better than my cloth seat in my Honda

12. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

If you are working out in a new pair of jeans you should stay away from the white seats.

treadmill.png

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

But do you notice your Model 3 is getting any bulkier after it spends that much time at the gym each week??

• Funny x 4
  14. drawfour

drawfour Member

One of my friends has the Model X with white interior, and he said that his blue jeans are constantly rubbing off on the white seats. I think it cleans off for him, but perhaps with lots of sun, it could bake on.

15. Austindude

Austindude Member

Damn, you must have known my aunts!

• Funny x 1
  16. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Do you know where your towel is?

Oh, my grandmother did that.

17. pandam3

pandam3 Member

I take my TM3 to the gym so I can get free charging for it:)

1 hour on the treadmill is 24 miles on the free level 2 charger haha.

18. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

What gym is that? Sounds awesome! It's basically motivation to go to the gym everyday!

19. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Member

...my concern going to the gym are the crazy drivers and haters messing with my 3..

20. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

After a while, it becomes the much anticipated Performance version. :)

• Funny x 1