Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going Topless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But we've got another month to wait before our car arrives (remember those days Nigel... What was it, three weeks ago? :smile:) so these "what if" scenarios can be distracting.
.... And dream about Roadsters. :rolleyes:

It was only 2 weeks ago and I still dream about my car...there is a great tendency to want to drive everywhere...I drove to the bank this morning, a distance I would normally walk(!), because otherwise I probably wouldn't get out driving today.

It was only 2 weeks ago and I still dream about my car...there is a great tendency to want to drive everywhere...I drove to the bank this morning, a distance I would normally walk(!), because otherwise I probably wouldn't get out driving today.

Nice. :biggrin: Given that your electricity is solar, you could argue that driving to the bank (or your mailbox) has a smaller CO2 footprint than walking. You'll still need to breathe as slowly as possible, which is probably tricky when you're having that much fun!

Ok, It's taken me two months, but here is the proof that one can install the roof from inside the car:

I'm all about lazy, but after watching your video, I'm not convinced that you save any time or effort by doing it that way. If you were just trying to show it can be done, then I am impressed, because I didn't know it was possible. But you seemed to put in more effort and more time than doing it the conventional way. What I'd really like to see is someone do that while stopped at a red light. :wink:

Sharks have an undeserved bad reputation. All those teeth make them look mean. But the fact is that Coke machines kill more people than sharks do. You want to make the underwater blindfolded top removal and replacement harder, fill the tank with jellyfish! Sharks are pussycats compared to jellyfish.

I'm all about lazy, but after watching your video, I'm not convinced that you save any time or effort by doing it that way. If you were just trying to show it can be done, then I am impressed, because I didn't know it was possible. But you seemed to put in more effort and more time than doing it the conventional way. What I'd really like to see is someone do that while stopped at a red light...

For me it's not about saving time or effort. I find it most useful when I've left home when the weather looked like rain, but during my drive I decide that it isn't going to rain, so I take the top off at a stop light and put it in the passenger footwell.

While inside the car, I hook my fingers over the top and pull down; that makes it easy to release the clips with my thumbs. At least on my car; I could imagine not all cars have the same tension.

Same here. Of course, I start with the driver side. Once the tension is removed, pulling on the passenger side pins is easy, even at arms' length. I will post video "soon"...