Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good idea or bad idea?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably irrelevant if you're talking about 50kw fast chargers? And would also presumably only work if there's a supercharger near enough that the car thinks it's time to preheat. (e.g. if you click on a charger 300km away it presumably doesn't start preheating until you're close) And if there is an actual supercharger nearby, might as well use that?

Probably irrelevant if you're talking about 50kw fast chargers? And would also presumably only work if there's a supercharger near enough that the car thinks it's time to preheat. (e.g. if you click on a charger 300km away it presumably doesn't start preheating until you're close) And if there is an actual supercharger nearby, might as well use that?

Distance to fast charger is about the same distance as Supercharger. One is free the other is not...

It may make a difference. It's hard to say without a direct comparison. When I charged at the 50kw stations, often it would stay at 40-45kw for about 20 mins then it would reach 50kw. I thought it was due to power being shared with other cars charging there but it happened when I was the only car charging as well. So my theory is the car may be limiting the input until the battery is at optimal temperature.

Reactions: CAM3RON
For now at least. Adding the chargers to the map should be the easy part. Just needs someone at Tesla and ChargeNet to talk to each other so ChargeNet's locations can be integrated.
"Just"! Yes hopefully it will, but I won't be holding my breath. We can see which comes first, this, or (for example) the Whangarei supercharger which was supposedly going to open last year.