Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I request nav update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The free charger I go to all the time isn’t listed under chargers, where a bunch of non-Tesla ones aren’t. I always route to a supercharger when going to this free charger to trick the car into preconditioning for it. How do I request to Tesla to add this charger to the charger list now that they allow third parties?

Are there any non-tesla chargers in the built in navigation software?
Yes. EVgo has had their sites listed where they have the CHAdeMO adapter mounted to the charger listed for a long time.

The only thing I've used it for that I can remember is superchargers and a couple destination chargers.
The page I linked to has recently been updated, it used to say that they only did it on a trial basis in a few countries, now it doesn't mention any restrictions on country. (People in Australia mentioned that third-party fast chargers started showing up on the new 2024.2.x software versions, so hopefully that is the same here in the US, but I haven't gotten the update yet to be able to verify for myself.)

Reactions: LoudMusic
Yes. EVgo has had their sites listed where they have the CHAdeMO adapter mounted to the charger listed for a long time.

The page I linked to has recently been updated, it used to say that they only did it on a trial basis in a few countries, now it doesn't mention any restrictions on country. (People in Australia mentioned that third-party fast chargers started showing up on the new 2024.2.x software versions, so hopefully that is the same here in the US, but I haven't gotten the update yet to be able to verify for myself.)
No third party DCFCs show up for the Dallas area on 2024.2.2.1.

The free charger I go to all the time isn’t listed under chargers, where a bunch of non-Tesla ones aren’t. I always route to a supercharger when going to this free charger to trick the car into preconditioning for it. How do I request to Tesla to add this charger to the charger list now that they allow third parties?
Is the "free charger" a L2 or L3 (not many free L3 chargers)? If L2 you don't need to precondition since the max charge rate will be 11kW or less.

Reactions: E90alex
I don't think they take requests to have sites added. (Especially not if it is a fast charger.) They have their own process for adding third-party chargers and have requirements that they have to meet to be included.

https://www.tesla.com/support/improving-access-third-party-fast-charging
Hmm, looks like it could get added. It's 320 kWh, it has two stations of CCS/SAE plugs, PlugShare checkins shows high success rate (100% for me). This link says it would get automatically added. Maybe some more Tesla drivers and it will get added :D