Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good RHD all weather mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've been talking to Federica at model3part and they said they were getting some RHD rubber floor mats, so I asked them to let me know when they were in stock.

They came into stock today, and they have a UK warehouse, so should be able to get them quickly.

I've just placed an order and there's a 10% discount code (my code was model3KC, but if it doesn't work use the chat it takes 2 seconds), and its free shipping.
The order came to £72.98 for the mats, not including frunk or trunk.

They are made by BougeRV by the looks of it, here's the link RHD Tesla Model 3 All-Weather Floor Mats

Here's a video of the same LHD floor mats Tesla Model 3 Accessories you need

I'm unlikely to get my M3 until end Dec. so even when they arrive I won't be able to see how well they fit. If someone else takes a punt they can let everyone know what they're like.

Reactions: Sixer
So I got the mats that I ordered from model3part, didn't take too long, and here are the pictures I've taken. Unfortunately I'm still a while away from get my M3, end of December is the latest expected date.

Here's the pics.
IMG_20191102_123740.jpg
IMG_20191102_124201.jpg
IMG_20191102_124218.jpg
IMG_20191102_124248.jpg
IMG_20191102_124257.jpg

These mats look great apart from the fact that UK spec cars don't appear to have the plastic cover on the dead pedal like the US cars. That means the carpet on the dead pedal will be exposed with this style mat and will get really dirty. I'm hoping we get RHD all weather mats that will cover the dead pedal.

These mats look great apart from the fact that UK spec cars don't appear to have the plastic cover on the dead pedal like the US cars. That means the carpet on the dead pedal will be exposed with this style mat and will get really dirty. I'm hoping we get RHD all weather mats that will cover the dead pedal.
Or you can get one of the aluminium dead pedal covers such as the one sold by TapTes.

• Informative
Reactions: G1201
I wasn't aware they did one. Does it stick on to the carpet? Have you fitted one?
Yes, I purchased the stainless steel one: Foot Rest Dead Pedal Cover for Tesla Model 3

It sticks to the carpet and I think matches the pedals in the P+ nicely. My only criticism is it is ever so slightly wider than the actual dead pedal, but not noticeable when installed. It just sticks down with double-sided tape. I would attach a photo but it looks just like it appears on the website.

Yes, I purchased the stainless steel one: Foot Rest Dead Pedal Cover for Tesla Model 3

It sticks to the carpet and I think matches the pedals in the P+ nicely. My only criticism is it is ever so slightly wider than the actual dead pedal, but not noticeable when installed. It just sticks down with double-sided tape. I would attach a photo but it looks just like it appears on the website.
That's great, thanks. I will get one ordered.

They look quite nice.

However, in the olden days, we just called them floor mats, thats how they all were on most cheap cars. Don't last as long as carpet mats though, as they wear at the heal point. Maybe new mats are thicker, maybe people don't keep their cars long enough for this to be a problem. A hoover out a couple of times a year and carpets will probably wear better, even with kids in football boots.

They look quite nice.

However, in the olden days, we just called them floor mats, thats how they all were on most cheap cars. Don't last as long as carpet mats though, as they wear at the heal point. Maybe new mats are thicker, maybe people don't keep their cars long enough for this to be a problem. A hoover out a couple of times a year and carpets will probably wear better, even with kids in football boots.

For me it's all about ease of use and whether they stay looking fairly new. If you have kids and they are bringing dirt in on their football boots, or spilling blackcurrant juice or coke etc, it's going to mark the carpet mats.

Rubber ones are far easier to maintain, just spray with your pressure washer, and they also won't mark in the same way as carpet mats.

Plus in the wet/snow weather your carpet mats will soak up the wet and get damp, and more likely cause condensation in the car.

Either way, you should get some form of mats to help protect the car.

Just some of the reasons I went with rubber mats.

Reactions: Cherub77
I’ve never bothered with rubber mats in my cars for over 40 years, but I am finding now that the weather is getting colder and wetter I’m having terrible problems with condensation on the windows, even if the car is only parked for an hour or so. The Model 3 does seem to be very prone to this for some reason. I’ve had a check around inside the car, boot and frunk and I’m sure I’ve not got a leak anywhere.

I’m putting this down to the fact that my carpet mats are getting saturated and not drying out with all the wet weather we’ve been having. Because of that I’ve ordered some rubber mats, and my strategy will be rubber in the winter, carpet in the spring.