Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodbye Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I correct in assuming by updating the wheels in the car settings it also changes the algorithm for calculating range?

Not in my testing, always gives the same results either way I configure he wheels. The difference is meant to be something like 3% if you drive at 90mph, I imagine it has no measurable effect using more varied driving at slower speeds.

I put them on really as a good luck charm, we drive from Oxford to Kintyre in Scotland once a year, and it takes most of a charge to make it from the last SuC to our destination. Belt and braces approach to making that journey, I've never had good luck with the CPS options there.

I bought the Tesla wheel nut/hub kit today to replace our aero hub covers. I thought the Aero hub covers looked like they were designed to spin in a particular direction given the 5x insets were asymmetrically shaped. As such, I thought I should take note of which were for the left wheel, and which were for the right wheel, covers. To my surprise, they are all the same. If these hub covers were truly designed to be more aerodynamic, surely there would be a left and right side design - or the cover hole pattern would be the same regardless of direction. Has anyone else noticed and has this been discussed before?

btw, my wife likes the aero hub covers. I suspect the spoked wheels make the car look too masculine/sporty for her taste in car looks. My son also likes the aero covers and he thinks they make the car look more futuristic. I think we'll be treating our hub covers like a pair of socks and changing them over every now and then.

s-l1600.jpg

I bought these ones that are dead easy to remove, excellent quality and look great.

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit - Easy Remove - Tesloid USA
Hey Paulobrien, I’m considering getting this cap kit you mentioned now that Tesla has gotten rid of the similar looking official version. Just worried they might be duds. How are the caps holding up after a few months use? Do the pay match the wheel? Did they damage anything? These seem like paranoid questions but I’ve seen some concerning reviews from other cheaper products.