TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Goodyear Tires

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by nomogas88, Apr 2, 2016.

1. nomogas88

nomogas88 New Member

Anyone replace the stock Michelin tires (19" wheels) with the Goodyear tires? Cost a lot less obviously, but I'm told the Goodyears are a little louder (I play music loudly so I can live with that) and not as good as the Michelins when cornering aggressively (not a biggie either). Wear is similar and if I'm only going to get about 30k miles per set of tires, I'd rather spend $800/set versus $1,400/set. Thanks.

2. nomogas88

nomogas88 New Member

I have 245/45, non-staggered.

3. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

i was planning on going with Goodyear when the Michelin wear out. The Michelin are wearing out very fast and I will be replacing them this week with another set of Michelins due to the warranty. I only have 12K miles and the wear is already down to 3/32-4/32 even wear. My car is only a year old so not happy with wear. Next time it will be Goodyear which you can find for $120 per tire.

4. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

Yes, I did it. The Michelins lasted 35K miles and I replaced them with the OEM Goodyears. The car clicked over 41K this morning so with 6K miles on the the new tires I am very happy with them. Any differences are minimal and for me more than offset by the $160 per tire savings.

5. nomogas88

nomogas88 New Member

Thanks guys

6. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

I have 16000 miles on my stock Michelin tires with even wear, should last at least 10k+ more miles
    While I had my S60 for service a few weeks ago, I got a S85 loaner. I notice a huge difference on tire noise, the loaner has a new set of Michelin tires, not sure how many miles already driven on it, but it's much quieter.

I will replace with Goodyear, although it has shorter life, but I rather replace them often, newer tires are quieter than older tires.