Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone replace the stock Michelin tires (19" wheels) with the Goodyear tires? Cost a lot less obviously, but I'm told the Goodyears are a little louder (I play music loudly so I can live with that) and not as good as the Michelins when cornering aggressively (not a biggie either). Wear is similar and if I'm only going to get about 30k miles per set of tires, I'd rather spend $800/set versus $1,400/set. Thanks.

i was planning on going with Goodyear when the Michelin wear out. The Michelin are wearing out very fast and I will be replacing them this week with another set of Michelins due to the warranty. I only have 12K miles and the wear is already down to 3/32-4/32 even wear. My car is only a year old so not happy with wear. Next time it will be Goodyear which you can find for $120 per tire.

Yes, I did it. The Michelins lasted 35K miles and I replaced them with the OEM Goodyears. The car clicked over 41K this morning so with 6K miles on the the new tires I am very happy with them. Any differences are minimal and for me more than offset by the $160 per tire savings.

I have 16000 miles on my stock Michelin tires with even wear, should last at least 10k+ more miles
While I had my S60 for service a few weeks ago, I got a S85 loaner. I notice a huge difference on tire noise, the loaner has a new set of Michelin tires, not sure how many miles already driven on it, but it's much quieter.

I will replace with Goodyear, although it has shorter life, but I rather replace them often, newer tires are quieter than older tires.