Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a call for delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got my MVPA in my account (no text/call yet) with my trade amount shown from before the shutdown, and it asks me to make final payment. Basing this off your experience, they will still have to reevaluate my trade so I will end up oweing more correct?

That is what happened to me, yes. I did not make the payment that my account was asking for yet, but I got a call from my delivery advisor telling me what day the Y would be ready. I asked if I should go ahead and make the payment and she said there was no need that I could just bring a check when I pick it up, but that she noticed my trade had expired so she would need to get it evaluated again Was a bit comical when I told her the mileage had only changed 40 miles and she said "oh it probably won't change more than a couple hundred dollars then" and it ended up losing 5k in value. Naturally every call I've made to talk to them about the dramatic decrease in value has gone unanswered and unresponded to.

I'm picking up on Saturday and suppose I'm still going forward, but it was definitely a rough pill to swallow. I figured it would like $1000-$1500.

• Informative
Reactions: teko
Called my local Tesla shop here in Vegas to confirm that they’d honor my trade-in... they will have to re-evaluate it since it’s been over 30days. Great, since the market on used cars has dropped out! Only good thing is CarMax is open again so I’ll see what they m do for us then just have Tesla match it hopefully, worked last time for the Model 3.

But supposedly going to get delivery “mid-June”. Gotta renew our check from the bank for the loan, bleh

I heard that the VINs pre-shutdown were about 5000. Why am I seeing these low VIV numbers. Does anyone know for sure the VIN numbers prior to shutdown? I placed my order in the first of February 2020.

When I search Source Code I do not see my VIN as of yet.

Your Model Y build details
  • Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

Last edited:
I heard that the VINs pre-shutdown were about 5000. Why am I seeing these low VIV numbers. Does anyone know for sure the VIN numbers prior to shutdown?

When I search Source Code I do not see my VIN as of yet.

Your Model Y build details
  • Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

Could be rejected cars from their first delivery and then Tesla fixed the problems. I wouldn’t have any problem taking an early VIN at THIS point as they’ve had plenty of time to fix everything. I’ve heard great stuff about Tesla Service Centers fixing issues so far. It’s much different than the early Model 3 deliveries this time around

Congrats.

I think some of you guys are a little hung up on VIN #'s etc. Mine is 0xxx so yes I did indeed took one of the first off the line. It isn't perfect but definitely not unacceptable either. Tesla Service thus far has been excellent in taking care of my concerns. If paint quality for example is of your concern, well Tesla had over three different models before the release of the Y's to perfect it and guess what, it is still an issue and it will continue to be one even if your VIN is 5xxx and beyond. Reminder, this model has just been released two months ago. Point being, you have waited and gotten this far. Curb the stress and just enjoy it and all its glory, perfect or not....

Last edited:
Reactions: beezy and Matsayz
Congrats.

I think some of you guys are a little hung up on VIN #'s etc. Mine is 0xxx so yes I did indeed took one of the first off the line. It isn't perfect but definitely not unacceptable either. Tesla Service thus far has been excellent in taking care of my concerns. If paint quality for example is of your concern, well Tesla had over three different models before the release of the Y's to perfect it and guess what, it is still an issue and it will continue to be one even if your VIN is 5xxx and beyond. Reminder, this model has just been released two months ago. Point being, you have waited and gotten this far. Curb the stress and just enjoy it and all its glory, perfect or not....

No VIN here either, just the reservation number in my account. Maybe the Tesla gnomes will add it to my account over night :D

• Funny
Reactions: beezy
Called my local Tesla shop here in Vegas to confirm that they’d honor my trade-in... they will have to re-evaluate it since it’s been over 30days. Great, since the market on used cars has dropped out! Only good thing is CarMax is open again so I’ll see what they m do for us then just have Tesla match it hopefully, worked last time for the Model 3.

But supposedly going to get delivery “mid-June”. Gotta renew our check from the bank for the loan, bleh

I hope it has gotten better. I took my my 2019 X3 to Carmax a bit over a month ago after receiving my Tesla trade-in quote. By the time I made it over to Carmax, businesses here in Florida were preparing for shutdown and my quote dropped $6000. I haven't had Tesla re-do their quote, but I'm hoping trade-in values bounce back before I get my call.

Same thing happened to me. Tesla's trade in quote was about 2K less than I expected so I did the CarMax thing and their buy quote was 3K below Tesla's offer. So, I when ahead with Tesla's offer. This was back at the end of March when things were just hitting the fan. I've been in a holding pattern ever since. Please let us know what CarMax does in your case as I may need to do the same thing. Not sure what CarMax does if you bring a car back for another quote 6-8 weeks later. I tried getting some quotes from dealerships and none of them were buying cars outright, they were only doing trade-ins with a vehicle purchase. I'm not sure if things have changed any or not.

Just talked with Tesla today. My Y is also a RED PUP and the VIN that was assigned per the Advisor 3 days ago is 33XX.

I'm seeing other folks reply as well that RED seems to be in this lower bracket VIN block.

My Red/White PUP/FSD shows a delivery appointment of June 4th on my account, but no call/text. Source code says VIN 3600, so I tend to think you're right about the RED block.

Does anyone know when VINs get assigned? Is it a real time process and they get assigned at any time or is it something that happens overnight or on some regular cycle. Since I have had a reservation for a year and two months and haven't see a VIN yet, it is a bit frustrating to see VINs get assigned to orders that took place this year. So difficult to tell how this happens short of it being completely random.