Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a possibility.
Since I would like to have the double pane windows, I am just wondering if I were to defer my pick up, how much longer would I have to wait for the next one to come in.
If you as to be re-matched it could be a week or two in most cases. Sometimes people get re-matched within a few days if they have same config available in your region.

got off the phone with a service rep, my vehicle does have double pane windows, and it was manufactured in October and it took roughly a month to get up here to Toronto

rejecting a vehicle in canada could mean that I will have to wait months before I get a car with the same configuration

Got my laminated windows tinted. Did 25% ceramic front only. FYI, make sure you let them know about the lamintated windows as they are thicker than previous teslas. You're not supposed to roll down the windows for a few days after tinting. But because these windows automatically roll down a bit when you open the door, they caused bubbles due to the thicker glass. They had to keep my car under heat lamps for an hour before I drove off.
IMG-1686.jpg

Got my laminated windows tinted. Did 25% ceramic front only. FYI, make sure you let them know about the lamintated windows as they are thicker than previous teslas. You're not supposed to roll down the windows for a few days after tinting. But because these windows automatically roll down a bit when you open the door, they caused bubbles due to the thicker glass. They had to keep my car under heat lamps for an hour before I drove off.
IMG-1686.jpg

That is so sweet looking - congrats! I see thats an LR. are those wheels Uberturbines or the Tsportline?

my service advisor said my blue model y will be made on the 18th of november, fyi.

See my SA told me she has no insight in advance as to when a car is manufactured. She told me she learns when the car is "born," but has no info about timing other than that (and certainly nothing in advance).

Jesus I wish Tesla would create some kind of standard process, like a web site to tell you when your vehicle was planned for production and whether or not it was on schedule or not. They laud themselves about how easy the ordering process is, but once you put your order in, it's like a black hole.

Here is what I think happens: I am in Las Vegas and potentially Tesla could have a car to me and delivered in less than a week. I could be in the queue for production, but them someone jumps in with the exact same configuration and is in Florida. Tesla still has enough time to get it to FL and close the sale before the quarter close. So my car gets pushed until Tesla gets to a point that they can't get the cars to the further locations and start filling the "local" production cars. Just my guess....But it would explain why I have been waiting 10 weeks and others, that are farther and ordered after me, have received their cars.

Here is what I think happens: I am in Las Vegas and potentially Tesla could have a car to me and delivered in less than a week. I could be in the queue for production, but them someone jumps in with the exact same configuration and is in Florida. Tesla still has enough time to get it to FL and close the sale before the quarter close. So my car gets pushed until Tesla gets to a point that they can't get the cars to the further locations and start filling the "local" production cars. Just my guess....But it would explain why I have been waiting 10 weeks and others, that are farther and ordered after me, have received their cars.
I’m in Florida, ordered 10/8, still no VIN...there’s a lot of us on the east coast waiting and wondering what’s going on. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason why some get theirs sooner and others later. Someone updated the spreadsheet recently with a VIN in TN, 73XXX or something, ordered after me...

Reactions: daedaleck

That may or may not happen at times, but my understanding is Performance cars have not been being built for sometime now until very recently. It was first rumored to be a tire shortage for the 21" wheels, and also now rumored that possibly the 82kW pack from the updated LR-AWD 3 is prioritized for the Performance Y first and Tesla was holding production. I don't know how long it takes Panasonic to completely switch all lines to the updated cells but perhaps Tesla has been holding back Performance Y's to guarantee they will get the newer pack for another range bump at some point in the future that will only bump those cars with the updated cells/pack.

Only Tesla really knows whats going on inside Tesla, however, it might be a safe bet to say you would have had your Y by now if you had chosen to purchase a LR-AWD vs a Performance.

yup...Ordered same day - 9/12....LR AWD.....Crickets...

What was your exact config?

Mine was Blue/White Interior/Hitch/19", which constitutes only about 1% of all AWD orders on the order tracking sheet (19/1671). So I'm not shocked that I haven't seen my fulfilled yet, though it's still a bummer. I've thought about placing a second order of a more popular model to see if I would get matched there more quickly. MSM/Black/Hitch/19" is about four times as popular (65/1671, or almost 4%).

That may or may not happen at times, but my understanding is Performance cars have not been being built for sometime now until very recently. It was first rumored to be a tire shortage for the 21" wheels, and also now rumored that possibly the 82kW pack from the updated LR-AWD 3 is prioritized for the Performance Y first and Tesla was holding production. I don't know how long it takes Panasonic to completely switch all lines to the updated cells but perhaps Tesla has been holding back Performance Y's to guarantee they will get the newer pack for another range bump at some point in the future that will only bump those cars with the updated cells/pack.

Only Tesla really knows whats going on inside Tesla, however, it might be a safe bet to say you would have had your Y by now if you had chosen to purchase a LR-AWD vs a Performance.

I ordered a Blue/White Performance this past weekend and the SA estimated a mid-December delivery. I take that with a grain of salt though.

One way Tesla could solve the tire problem would be allowing the customer the option of opting for 20" Induction wheels instead. I would prefer those even at the same price. Telsa would make more profit margin, be able to crank out more Perf models, all while making the customer happy.

Reactions: imola.zhp