Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a VIN 11/6. Estimate didn’t change. Got an automated text 11/8 offering online scheduling for pick up/delivery, showing 11/23-25 available. I picked a date, and then my account page changed to reflect it. You could also call a sales associate and have them look up your VIN and they should be able to tell you if it’s still being built or where it is.
Yep, scheduled for 11/25 pickup.

Order confirmed October 29. Just received my VIN

072xxx.

Many others are receiving VINs in the 74XXX, 75XXX range. What's up with that? Is it possible I'm receiving a buyback/returned car???

This has me a little concerned.

Order confirmed October 29. Just received my VIN

072xxx.

Many others are receiving VINs in the 74XXX, 75XXX range. What's up with that? Is it possible I'm receiving a buyback/returned car???

This has me a little concerned.
VINs are not sequential, example: a 71000 VIN could be built before a 71850, yours seems to be from the most recent batch right behind the 75k ones. Very unlikely to be a returned/reject car. I wouldn’t sweat it

Just received a VIN, 75,xxx in Atlanta, GA. I was eligible to VIN match on October 12. MYP, MSM, Black interior.

I also received an e-mail prompting full payment prior to delivery.

The message from Tesla about payment was confusing, implying that full payment was required within 3-5 days of VIN notification. I was also informed that actual delivery of the car to my SC could be delayed w/o full payment. Seriously???

I phoned 510 249 3100 ([email protected]) for clarification. FALSE! Full payment is required within 3-5 days of delivery to the agreed-upon SC. After 5 days, Tesla has the option to sell it to someone else...obviously!

Picked up my LR MSM yesterday. Was in and out in 15 minutes. I brought a long ass checklist with me that I didn't even use. I wanted to stay longer in case I missed something but It was absolutely flawless. The guy said so far the 2021s have been well made and night and day compared to the 2020 models. And yes, they came with laminated windows (VIN 67xxx). My only knock is why are they giving us a free M3 toy car when we should be getting a MY toy car? I also bought the acceleration boost and holly crap, it makes a huge difference. If you have an extra $2k to throw around, I totally recommend it.

IMG-1668-1.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up my LR MSM yesterday. Was in and out in 15 minutes. I brought a long ass checklist with me that I didn't even use. I wanted to stay longer in case I missed something but It was absolutely flawless. The guy said so far the 2021s have been well made and night and day compared to the 2020 models. And yes, they came with laminated windows (VIN 67xxx). My only knock is why are they giving us a free M3 toy car when we should be getting a MY toy car? I also bought the acceleration boost and holly crap, it makes a huge difference. If you have an extra $2k to throw around, I totally recommend it.

IMG-1668-1.jpg

Thats the color I want...what wheels did you get? Any side angle pics to see how the wheels look with this color?

IMG-1668-1.jpg
I didn't get a toy car when I took delivery last week! Not fair. Haha. You must have the other gray Model Y that I've been seeing around the area.