Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scott, after my reported "success", this continued to come back. Service looked at it, and "factory reset" the vehicle (even tho I didn't loose any of my settings/signins?) as well as "redid the firmware". They said they ran GPS tests and advised the signaling was good at the time of tests. The problem has continued to happen. I have service again scheduled for the 5th and this time they have put on the estimation a new hardware computer. To be quite honest, I've had practically everything replaced on my 2018 beyond the battery and the hardware computer. Over 25 service appointments on my 2018 M3 Long Range. Currently have 81k miles on it. If they expect pay for it, they're at least going to get a peace of my mind in the process...

So frustrating the amount of repairs I've had. I had my drive unit replaced after 15k miles, rear axle, seats, steering wheel, piller cameras, headlights, taillights, rotors, calipers, brake clips, brake pads... Like what the heck. Lol
Oh no. Wow, I'm very sorry for all the hassle. That would completely frustrate me as well. I don't think you mentioned whether they replaced the GPS antenna but if it is intermittent perhaps they are thinking it is something on the computer board. Please let us know when you get it resolved.

Oh no. Wow, I'm very sorry for all the hassle. That would completely frustrate me as well. I don't think you mentioned whether they replaced the GPS antenna but if it is intermittent perhaps they are thinking it is something on the computer board. Please let us know when you get it resolved.
They are replacing the computer tomorrow/today with a HW 3.0 computer. And no, no antennas etc replaced. They've otherwise done no part replacement diagnosis say this time to me knowledge. All out of warranty of course. Quoted me 2k till I advised that it was only 1k in the app for HW3.0. They then adjusted the quote. Told me it was a "promotional" price. What a joke. If I never said anything they would have just charged me full.

I did ask as well and they advised if this doesn't fix it, they'll adjust accordingly or refund where applicable. We'll see how that goes if the inevitable happens.

I guess it is what it is, at least I can say I have HW3.0 if I sell someday.

They couldn't tell me what the exact issue was, just an "internal issue with the computer" causing startup issues to some extent.

Reactions: scottf200