Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS include supercharge stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an on-line version of GPS include supercharge stations? For trip planning, I prefer to work with a PC instead of inside the car.

Even using Navigation inside the car, there's no way allowing me to look for supercharge stations around the neighborhood of the destination.
There are apps such as A Better Route Planner (web and phone apps) that can do that kind of “plan ahead” stuff

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you mean by "GPS" but if you're just talking about a map that has the Tesla Supercharger locations there's plenty of useful online tools that don't require you to use the car itself.

Tesla trip planner is a really good resource that we use regularly when we're mapping out road trips that we're going to take. It's an interactive map that uses your vehicle type to plot out trips to what begining & end points you select with charge stops & details.

Google maps also added a layer of Tesla superchargers a few years back so you can also just use Google maps to find locations as well. There's also online resources for destination charger locations if you want to plan out any overnight stays or extended stays that have charging that don't include the supercharger Network itself.

Plug Share is a great phone app for finding outlets not listed in the above resources in case you find yourself traveling a little more off of the beaten path or have some sort of unplanned emergency or outage.

I used A Better Route Planner briefly 6 or 7 years ago but found it to be a little too in-the-weeds for our needs. I've found the tools listed above to be more than adequate if you just want basic information and don't want to try to plan every single minute and every single mile of your journey. ABRP is better if you want to really dig deep into the minutia of road trips.

Upvote 0
I used A Better Route Planner briefly 6 or 7 years ago but found it to be a little too in-the-weeds for our needs. I've found the tools listed above to be more than adequate if you just want basic information and don't want to try to plan every single minute and every single mile of your journey. ABRP is better if you want to really dig deep into the minutia of road trips.
I'd 2nd that, I do use it and recommend it BUT it is very techie with rather too many dials, as a result it takes some time to master (and the confused UI doesnt help), but if you really want to play "what if..." type things with your plan, its still the best tool (though, as noted, the other tools are catching up).

Upvote 0
Is there an on-line version of GPS include supercharge stations? For trip planning, I prefer to work with a PC instead of inside the car.

Even using Navigation inside the car, there's no way allowing me to look for supercharge stations around the neighborhood of the destination.
While you're in the car, you can show the map of the area around the destination. On that view, you can touch the lightning bolt icon on the right side of the map and it will show charging stations on the map. You can do the same in the Tesla app if you touch Location on the car page and move the map to the target area.

Upvote 0