Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grammar Misteaks, Spelling Misteaks, and Bad Puns :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like this thread, alot.

(See what I did there?)

LMAO!

If I come across a person who seems to completely ignore the existence of apostrophes and capital letters and types things like "im an eagle and im typing with my talons, so dont make fun of me cuz this is hard," I like to imagine that they actually are an eagle typing with their talons. It would be a hassle if you had to hop in the air and use your feet to karate-chop two keys simultaneously every time you wanted to use the shift key to make a capital letter. Also, eagles lack manual dexterity, so I can understand why they'd want to leave out apostrophes. Eagles are all about efficiency.

Also found this link cool: How To Use An Apostrophe - The Oatmeal

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367887231.666233.jpg

And to all those who talk about breaks and breaking -- please stop. It's very confused/confusing. Braking, pls, with the brakes. No breaking with the breaks!

[mod note: Split posts]

I've always wondered this...
For the people who spell brakes as breaks, how are they going to articulate if they accidentally break their brakes? Or if they think that their brakes are breaking apart leading to issues with braking.

I'm a bit of a grammar nut. What really gets to me is when I see misspelled words used in major national ad campaigns by huge corporations! Can't they get the best and the brightest? Just today I was shopping at Target. They have some promotion where one can get blah, blah, blah ..... today and everyday. This is a pet peeve of mine. Yes, "everyday" can be one word, but not in this instance. I see this mistake all the time.

you may want to change the title and first line of the thread!! I thought i was on the wrong forum at first!:scared::cursing:
and glad your car was safe.

Ahhhh....so you picked up on my joke ;). It's like Spongebob Squarepants. To the clean crowd, the statement is perfectly clean. If your mind is dirty, you'll read it that way ;). (Disclaimer: my mind is dirty.)

Last edited by a moderator: