Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grammar Misteaks, Spelling Misteaks, and Bad Puns :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your Model S' Bedroom

Speeching of supercar-friendly elevators,
Everything's Up To Date In Singapore City!

article-2195776-14C03138000005DC-979_964x614.jpg

Kinda makes the street charging problem go away! :rolleyes::biggrin:

Ok, so I’m sure I’m not the only one finding themselves compelled to test the limits of their S as of late. Yesterday I decided to try and intentionally run the car into the ground. I started with a “cold soaked” battery (sat unplugged all night while our other EV charged, temp in the 30's), plugged it in for about an hour then started driving with a 50% charge. Drove at highway speeds, jockeying with some of the faster cars, with the heat set to 71F and seat heater at max, 550 Watt stereo blasting, from Shoreline WA out to Bellevue, then down to Tacoma WA on out to Gig Harbor. I still had plenty of range to get home so I turned both seat heaters on, cranked the heat to max, put on the defroster and hot footed it back to Shoreline, round trip was about 130 miles. I arrived home with a surprising bit of range left and had to resort to driving the car in circles in our neighborhood, I kid you not. Finally the car got down to 1 mile of rated range so I pulled it into the stables and gave it a nice long drink. I almost have more sympathy for the likes of Top Gear and Broder, they apparently really had to put some effort into their stunts!

Funny business aside, it was interesting to see a third line form, a checkered yellow line that shows how the BMS progressively limits output. It's kind of like Nissan's turtle, accept it lets you down easy. Anyone take it down past zero and care to report how it progresses, does the line just gradually keep going down to zero or does it suddenly drop off at some point? I figure better understanding how the car reacts in extreme circumstances will help me feel more confident taking it out on long trips.
Your auto speller (I hope) gone and "dun" you an injustice ... accept is except. Spelling police! :cursing:

Compared to my Leaf, it'd take me a week or more to do what you did!

Last edited:
Tesla a PROVEN contributor to terrible climate change

You want proof?

Thread started by InsanityWolf, 2 April 2013:
Today's lease announcement was anti-climatic

Thread started by Mycroft, 2 April 2013:
Today's lease announcement was anti-climatic

Am wondering when all this will climax?

Signed,
Your local grammar & spelling Nazi....

Nice work, Zankaman!

Locations where you've charged previously will also be listed in the Maps app.
  1. Tap the "Places" button in the upper-left corner of the Maps app and select the "Visited Chargers" tab.
  2. This list will show all the charging locations that you've ever charged at. These are sorted by proximity but are not limited to those closest in proximity.
  3. Tap "Navigate" to generate a route to the selected location.
  4. To view previous charging locations on your map, tap the lightning bolt icon in the upper-right corner of the Maps app and selected "Visited Chargers.".
Hello, calling grammar police! Hang on preposition. Instead use. This list will show all of your previous charging locations.

Last edited:
Oh, wow. Is this a great forum or what? I had no idea grammar and spelling geeks had their own place to vent :)

I just posted a new thread about the three most commonly misused words. Here's a copy:

Their, there and they're

Here's a quick and easy guide to the most commonly misspelled or misused three words:

Their - used to indicate possession ONLY - as in something is part of or owns something. ie. Tesla is a great company. Their employees must be loving their stock options!

They're - contraction of "they are". Tesla has great employees. They're on a roll right now.

There - use for everything else. There are about 4,000 employees that work over there.

Oh, wow. Is this a great forum or what? I had no idea grammar and spelling geeks had their own place to vent .

Oh. Ummm. This thread has historically been a place for mods to move posts that were focusing on grammar and spelling corrections (and disrupting discussion as a result). But hey, if you want to turn it into an active discussion, that works, too.