Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grayed out navigation screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have this issue? It is an intermittent problem, and the system works fine, but areas become blocked in gray.
0377ECE7-27C9-4E82-898B-0819A74E22FE.jpeg

While I don't normally ever use satellite view, I think what you're seeing is coming from Google's image database. It appears to be a sectional map constructed using satellite / airplane photos taken over a period of time. I have seen the normal street view populate the screen in sections; sometimes taking several seconds before the entire display is complete.

Reactions: trojaneen
While I don't normally ever use satellite view, I think what you're seeing is coming from Google's image database. It appears to be a sectional map constructed using satellite / airplane photos taken over a period of time. I have seen the normal street view populate the screen in sections; sometimes taking several seconds before the entire display is complete.
this is the correct answer. you've got different quality images and you're zoomed out pretty far. maps.google.com would have the same effect if you had a slow connection or were zooming in and out, looking for a destination. i can't see if you're on LTE or some sort of 3G network, but i can see you have full bars. busy network, slow data, etc.

i never understood why anyone would prefer satellite mode until you're near your destination. it serves no purpose to me otherwise.

Reactions: trojaneen