Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great first SC experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW the Detailers I took my car too (and its predecessor) for PPF wrap said not to allow any paint-correction, but to let them do it instead. They said that applied to all brands, Ferrari, Porsche and whatnot, not to Tesla specifically.

If Concourse Presentation matters to you then perhaps best to skip Tesla paint correction in favour of Detailer.

I've read quite a few people here comment "I doubt I would have noticed this on any other car, its only because I've heard bad things about Tesla that I looked so closely" ... so maybe if it aint bothering you then leave it be.

Shut-lines may be different, if out-of-line they may put uneven pressure on seals etc. and cause premature wear.

Ernie is in at the Bristol SC 08:30 AM tomorrow ( delayed by me from end of Oct).

Surprised to have a txt at 17:28 on Friday to say "please be advised this will be completed while you wait however a loan car is reserved in case the repair runs more than 3 hours".

They had previously confirmed a loan car was available, and so I was expecting a 15 minute car swap and that I'd swap the loan car back in a few days.
So effectively no notice that they hope I'm gong to stay all Monday morning
This appointment is to fix 3 paint defects, plus the brake squeal so I can't see how it can possible be less than 3 hours.
Brakes still squeal, even though the friction brakes get a moderate amount of use ( we live in a very hilly area) so I'm gong to specifically ask them to check the clips.

Hopefully it's just a mistake as I need to leave by 9AM.
Anyone else had something similar ?

I'm hoping that Tesla support gets back to excellent soon, because it's clearly struggling at the moment.

Anyone have a photo of front brake callipers especially drivers side they can post.

I had wheels off for winter tyre change and front drivers side I briefly noticed what looks like a brass clip protruding from calliper but was in go mode so didn’t think to explore closer or take photo. Inside long side around upper 1/3rd of calliper if my memory serves.

Coincidentally or not, this is also the wheel where I think I can hear squeal coming from - May also be others.

I think I would have noticed same on other corners if it was normal. Looked like the sort of thing that should have been pushed in further.

I managed to grab a photo front right/drivers side. I need to look at the video posted previously, but not similar on other side but I suspect they as asymetrical.

So here is the clip, but I also see a wear ring on outer edge of disc which I would not expect. I don't notice same on front left. Would explain a squeal if its metal on metal thats caused it.
20191117_112718454_iOS.jpg

Ernie is in at the Bristol SC 08:30 AM tomorrow ( delayed by me from end of Oct).

Surprised to have a txt at 17:28 on Friday to say "please be advised this will be completed while you wait however a loan car is reserved in case the repair runs more than 3 hours".

They had previously confirmed a loan car was available, and so I was expecting a 15 minute car swap and that I'd swap the loan car back in a few days.
So effectively no notice that they hope I'm gong to stay all Monday morning
This appointment is to fix 3 paint defects, plus the brake squeal so I can't see how it can possible be less than 3 hours.
Brakes still squeal, even though the friction brakes get a moderate amount of use ( we live in a very hilly area) so I'm gong to specifically ask them to check the clips.

Hopefully it's just a mistake as I need to leave by 9AM.
Anyone else had something similar ?

I'm hoping that Tesla support gets back to excellent soon, because it's clearly struggling at the moment.

The texts you receive from SC are typically bot generated and not from humans. I got the same text a couple of weeks back. If you have minor paint problems they probably can touch them up and look at the brake issue in 1-2 hours. They don’t like to give a loaner car for ‘quick’ fixes unless they really have to. They may even offer you an Uber if you need to be dropped off somewhere close by. If you need to scoot off by 9 I’d make that clear straightaway.

So many things could be sorted out quickly or clarified in advance if Tesla just gave the customer a courtesy call!

As an aside, if you do get offered a loaner, it will be for the day unless they need to keep your car for more than a day. I got a 2014 MS loaner for a day. Although a performance model the interior was looking a little tired and cabin felt like being in the cockpit of a jumbo. Quite outdated compared to the M3 and to be honest I couldn't wait to get back my M3 at the end of the day.

I was expecting a 15 minute car swap and that I'd swap the loan car back in a few days

Dunno if a quick fix will turn out to be possible, and whether you would have the time to wait around (I guess that would suit some people better than having to return and swap-back), and agree that Tesla COMMs is typically one-size-fitted-to-all

Just wanted to raise the issue of insurance on the Loaner. Some insurers cover any difference between you own car insurance and whatever the loan car insurance may (or may not!) be, but I think the small print of Tesla loaner has some unexpected clauses such as very high excess.

So as expected the SC team at Bristol have been great. They had me away in a loan car ( S 85D) before 9.
They spotted marks on the chrome that nobody else had noticed in 2 months.
The car's ready and on charge I see ; where else does you car get filled up when it's serviced ?

The remaining challenge is the breaks. They won't squeal for them :-(
It does need to be in reverse down a gentle hill on a wet/foggy day, but then it's so loud it's painful to be outside the car.
And I'll reverse down a gentle hill on a wet day a hundred times before this winter is done ...................

Thinking caps on to find how to debug and fix it.................

The remaining challenge is the breaks. They won't squeal for them :-(
It does need to be in reverse down a gentle hill on a wet/foggy day, but then it's so loud it's painful to be outside the car.
And I'll reverse down a gentle hill on a wet day a hundred times before this winter is done ...................

Thinking caps on to find how to debug and fix it.................

you are not using hold mode now ;)