Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Great things come in 3's high res pics and thoughts!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today you can get an S and X and now a 3. Having worked on over 2500 different teslas to date I was excited to have my first 3 in the shop! I'll do the normal thing later where I self promote and talk about all the stuff we're doing to the car. But in this post I really wanna show off the 3 in all it's glory.

DJI_0015-XL.jpg

Some serious S3X appeal here!
DSC00597-XL.jpg

First the exterior! The front end of this car looks very Porsche like to me. Almost baby Panamera ish. The lines are notably a Tesla with the distinct flushed door handles. These handles how ever are very different from an S or X. They look more like an Aston Martin style handle and pop out from the front "Suicide" Style.
DSC00602-XL.jpg

Here is an up close of the design. This still operates with an electronic actuator like an S. I was kinda surprised by this I really expected it to be more traditional. There is an emergency release inside for the front doors but not the back. So if the battery goes dead and your in the back of the car.... Well get comfortable or crawl out the front
DSC00614-L.jpg

This was probably to most impressive part of this car. Getting comfortable in the back seat would be all to easy! A lot of cars in this same class have barely more room in the back than your average sports car. Im confident 2 adults could fit comfortably back here with out the driver or passenger having to have the chair forward so far their knees are in the dash.
And how about that view! The back windshield looks like they took a model x front window transversed to the back of the 3. Don't worry though no non gender specific charging stations needed. Seriously this back window is massive! Gonna be fun to tint but more on that later.
DSC00618-XL.jpg

Oh my gosh, look at those vents! Complete with USB port and climate in the back. Really nice touch! So again maybe being locked in the back is the ideal? Its all to inviting, to perfect. If I didn't know any better I would think this car was design for some sort of self driving ride service ;)
DSC00626-XL.jpg

Moving to the front of the car oddly the first thing I noticed was not the screen but the long slot that goes all the way across. Its the venting system for the AC. I really think it needs a "Knight Rider" red led going back and forth. I know might be distraction but who cares just don't let it work till auto pilot is working. This vent is controlled from the big screen and you can move the air position around. It works way to good. And very easy to use from the screen.
DSC00621-XL.jpg

Everything else is very simple. One central screen for everything, a couple convenience knobs on the steering wheel and that about it. From original impressions from seeing pictures to seeing it in person. The design is superb. I thought it was going to be to plain... And not make sense but even the screen controls are so well thought out that there is no way you miss having buttons everywhere. Im going to make a video of just the screen and functionality soon for my OCDetailing You Tube along with a bunch of other walk throughs of this Model 3 later.

Really hope you like this! And hope you check out the next step by step protections process on this same car.

Thank you
Joseph Torbati
OCDetailing

Awesomeness! As I wrote on your Youtube vid:

Get some underside shots - nobody has posted any so far! :) Also, if in the process of doing any detailing work you have to take off body panels, definitely get some shots of what's underneath! I really want to see what's under the charge port / leading to the battery pack in particular - it's a mystery as to why they've left such a big space for the charge port. I'm also curious as to how to access the 12V. Basically, all the guts! :) Oh yeah, is the phone dock wireless?

Hey @Joseph Torbati,

Just saw your video on the 3. I hope to take delivery later this year. I am in SoCal but will likely drive up to Fremont for delivery.

I had my X tinted (including the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD) locally over here:

Do you offer a similar service (tinting all glass except windshield)? I am considering taking my 3 to your shop after delivery and then drive home. Does this sound like a viable option? Also, do you do dashcam installs?

Thanks

Thanks for sharing! Quick question: if the doors are locked, how do rear passengers unlock them from the inside?

Just press the door release button. Note that on the S, the interior door handles have microswitches to release the electric latches. The front handles also double as mechanical releases. In the S, if you need a mechanical release for the inside of the rear doors, you use the release at the bottom of the seat cushion. On the X, the emergency Falcon wing door releases are hidden behind the speaker grilles. Not sure where the emergency release is on the 3.

Hey @Joseph Torbati,

Just saw your video on the 3. I hope to take delivery later this year. I am in SoCal but will likely drive up to Fremont for delivery.

I had my X tinted (including the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD) locally over here:

Do you offer a similar service (tinting all glass except windshield)? I am considering taking my 3 to your shop after delivery and then drive home. Does this sound like a viable option? Also, do you do dashcam installs?

Thanks

Joe does it all. When we picked up my wife's 2015 S70D from the factory (...with the tour, of course), we did not even drive it home. We went straight to OCD for Joe to do his magic. Takes a few days. Plan for a place to stay in the SF Bay Area for a few days. And you need to book in advance-he is really busy.

BTW rumor has it that there might be a change in how deliveries of the 3 will be done (? maybe not at Fremont). Plan accordingly.

Joe does it all. When we picked up my wife's 2015 S70D from the factory (...with the tour, of course), we did not even drive it home. We went straight to OCD for Joe to do his magic. Takes a few days. Plan for a place to stay in the SF Bay Area for a few days. And you need to book in advance-he is really busy.

BTW rumor has it that there might be a change in how deliveries of the 3 will be done (? maybe not at Fremont). Plan accordingly.

I would be down to do this but I have no idea when the 3 will actually be delivered so its hard to plan

Says that the video is not available?

Well, I'll wait for the video that shows what's under those panels when they're removed for wrapping! :) Particularly what's under the charge port area and what's under the tow hitch cover :)

You probably want to blur the owner's home address at: 3:07 or else someone might go after his Model 3. But great videos....keep them coming!
And it was removed...
/sarcasm
What did you do that?! We will have to ask bro1999
(or maybe run-the-joules ? Or maybe one of those users that find my opinion about Tesla's workers rights to privacy such idotic as to mark my post calling for it as disagreeable FlatSix911 DrivingRockies bro1999 svp6 T-Will flankspeed8 mrsandman codex57 GOFORIT5 ?) to rehost/link to it.
He likes to do that with videos made without owners consent. Especially when deleted by original uploader. (Who cares about some silly copyright laws...)

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: KarenRei