Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Greater than 500mph at V2 supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been meaning to post this for a while now. I've been seeing 500 mph charging rates at superchargers lately, but it's odd that it peaks at 500 even though the KW continues to climb. I did a quick test you can see below and the actual rate is closer to 540 mph. Not sure why they're limiting the display to 500 max.

2 minute video, gained 18 miles of range. 18/2 = 9 miles per minute. 9 * 60 = 540 miles/hour. Even with rounding it's clearly higher than 500.

Sorry the video is not more exciting :)

I can confirm this. Got 623 mph in the Bend, Oregon Supercharger last week.

IMG_5990.JPG

Reactions: astrowunder
I have gone on 2 trips in the last couple of weeks, which were over 3,000 miles. One trip was southern CA to northern CA, and the other was southern CA to Idaho. I can confirm that this was the norm, not the exception. Of course it reduces significantly as the battery approaches 100%.
932807E5-E3F6-4882-A493-558072158997.jpeg

I'm assuming this was a firmware update. I saw 500 max for quite a while, but haven't been to a supercharger in several weeks- probably won't again until September. Thanks.
Yes, this changed with 2019.20.1, when the V3 Supercharging rates for the Model 3 were widely released.

Also, this whole thread belongs in the Model 3 subforum, not Model S.