Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green Energy UK anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I moved to Bulb earlier this year after our fixed deal expired. I did consider Tide, but by my calculations (using a monitor that records usage throughout the day) we wouldn't have been any better off since our cooker is electric and is always on at 'high tide'.

Also, keep in mind that both Tide and Bulb's tariff are variable so will continue to go up.

Ditto, was an early Tide user and still love it - the peak rates 4-8pm weekdays really make you think of the grid.
I've got PV's which in this weather easily covers that, and a Powerwall battery on order.

Even without PV's the powerwall makes perfect sense on tide as it can be charged at night rates (I still get <5p) and then this stored energy can be used throughout the day... almost 'too good to be legal' :)

I’ve got a powerwall coming too (referral prize) when they actually get round to getting me it. But that’s another story!

Have they got the software sorted which allows charging from the grid at night yet? I’d heard they hadn’t done it yet

Honestly, I also thought about it after increasing tariffs. In my opinion, it’s just stupid to spend more money and pollute the atmosphere. I have not heard specifically about this supplier of green energy, but you can find a lot of information on usave.co.uk. There, my wife found many new suppliers of green energy, and there were even tips on how to increase energy efficiency. As a result, we found a cool supplier and I have already discussed with him all the conditions. It seems to me that the best way out is the transition to green energy!