Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green light means "go"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been playing around with the updated Autopilot feature. Maybe its just me but I thought green light means go. However the car stops at green lights unless you intervene as the warning states.
IMG_0126.JPG

It is supposed to do that. Release notes indicate that future updates will remove it once it is finalized, but since you agreed to the "beta" version you can click the stalk or push the accelerator and confirm.

AFAIK, Tesla does that to have machine-labeling confirmed by the user. For me, it's 99% correct, the only exception I can think of is when it picks up the center lane light when I'm on the left lane.

i'm not sure about that, I've in front of a few cars with a green light and it certainly looked like it was going to slow down or stop. Anyways I still applaud Tesla in pushing the envelope further.

You have to be close to the lead car in front of you for it to continue through the green light without a confirmation.