Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green Regen Bar dots?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got in my model 3 this morning and noticed dots on the regen bar area. Just never noticed them before and I don't think I had any software update scheduled. As far as I remember this has always been a solid bar. It make sense these are dots out here since I've never seen the green regen bar get all the way to the left edge of the screen. (I assume that maybe the dual motor three will make use of more powerful Regen with front wheel Regen breaking as well) Anyone else confirm this is new? Or am I just noticing now?

Attachments

• IMG_20180408_111406.jpg
    IMG_20180408_111406.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 367
Not new. Regen is limited because the battery is cold. After 15-20 minutes of driving the limit should go away. Meanwhile you may need to use the brakes a little more than usual.

Thanks,
I just found some S and X posts outlining that the battery is cold. I just had never seen it on a model 3. Makes total sense, im used to my old Hybrid Doing the same thing, it would not Regen for the first 10 minutes of any drive usually when cold. Glad to know the model 3 at least has a UI element letting me know it's doing that.

Not new. Regen is limited because the battery is cold. After 15-20 minutes of driving the limit should go away. Meanwhile you may need to use the brakes a little more than usual.

Depends on how cold. It’s taken as long as 50 minutes for 50 miles and that’s not even below freezing yet.

At the rate it’s going, I can see periods coming soon when it gets really cold (10-20F) that I never get rid of the dots (full regen). Even after a long drive. Not a huge deal. Just yet another reminder how freaken cold it is out.

Keep your battery warm :)