Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Greetings from SLC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I recently became a proud ECSTATIC owner of a used model S! This is my first EV, and I haven’t had the displeasure of owning a hybrid yet either. And until last weekend, I haven’t even sat in or gone for a drive in a Tesla. Came close, but the opportunity slipped away.

This forum was really invaluable for me to learn about Tesla stuff in general, but also to figure out year and options that I wanted during the time that I was vehicle hunting. Kind of important when you’re working on a “budget”.

My model S was in a different state so I flew in to pick it up sight-unseen, except for pictures in the ad. The owner picked me up and as we left the airport gunned it and ho-leee cow! It was love at first drive. I’m really enjoying learning all the new things about my car and Teslas in general, and am super excited to finally be on this journey.

Attachments

• FE157198-20D5-49F4-B692-8B8DE3F5FC28.jpeg
    FE157198-20D5-49F4-B692-8B8DE3F5FC28.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: KJD and K5TRX
Congrats! I live in St. George and just got a brand new Model 3. How do you find the charging stations when you need them up there? Maybe you don't need them and just charge at home? But I am very curious if they're always busy or what for the next time I need to pass through there. :)

Reactions: soarhead25
I mostly charge at home. Occasionally need to charge in SLC and seems they are always busy. Traveling north from SLC I am rarely the only Tesla there, but don’t have to wait for a charger.

Congrats! I live in St. George and just got a brand new Model 3. How do you find the charging stations when you need them up there? Maybe you don't need them and just charge at home? But I am very curious if they're always busy or what for the next time I need to pass through there. :)
Oddly enough, I had nothing but great experiences charging on the drive back home from Michigan. I skipped the Evanston stop because I had enough juice to get to SLC but really had to pee in SLC once I got there. It was nighttime, with no bathrooms available, so needless to say I won’t make THAT mistake again. 😂
Sad, but SLC SC is an embarrassment.

Welcome and congrats, soarhead! What an awesome expereince getting picked up by the owner and getting to experience the car right off the bat. I'm sure that immediately put you more at ease vs meeting some person at a store/parking lot (kind of like a Craigslist sale).

Enjoy your car!

Reactions: soarhead25
Oddly enough, I had nothing but great experiences charging on the drive back home from Michigan. I skipped the Evanston stop because I had enough juice to get to SLC but really had to pee in SLC once I got there. It was nighttime, with no bathrooms available, so needless to say I won’t make THAT mistake again. 😂
Sad, but SLC SC is an embarrassment.
This is great to know thanks so much.