TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Grinding Noise on Bumps

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by pqumsieh, Oct 5, 2018.

1. pqumsieh

pqumsieh Member

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced a grinding noise, similar to the sound of grinding glass against itself, any time the vehicle goes over a bump? I noticed this issue day 1 after taking ownership of the vehicle, I'm hoping its an easy fix as the sound leaves me feeling uneasy.

Thanks!
    Peter

2. samta09

samta09 Member

Were you able to diagnose the issue? I have similar noise coming from driver side somewhere behind the steering wheel when going over bumps.

3. lux_cars

lux_cars Member

Check underneath the vehicle. I hve a loose cover on the underside of the car that rubs against the road. Have to take it in to service.

4. samta09

samta09 Member

SC was able to diagnose and fixed the squeaky/grinding noise coming from behind the steering wheel. Apparently the VIN plate somehow got in contact with the windshield so they adjusted the VIN plate. Noise is completely gone. Good luck to those who have similar issue.

5. pqumsieh

pqumsieh Member

Yep my issue has been resolved as well. I’ll update this post if it returns.