Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grinding/noisy brakes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brakes have started to have a grinding feeling/sound at slow speeds. It seems like it started after I last washed my car. Could that have caused some corrosion on the rotors? I did use a wheel cleaner.

I tried doing a few hard stops to clean off the rotors but that did not help. Then I started thinking its just in my head, but my fiance also noticed it was weird before I even mentioned anything to her.

It's probably a small stone lodged in your brakes. I had that today and have had it before on another car. You can see if you can see the stone and remove it. Some people go so far as to take the wheel off to get to it. Today I didn't have much option but to drive with it, and it went away after about 1/4 mile of horrible grinding.

Mine feels the same way. They sound like the morning after a rain. Every time. Not sure how normal it is. Only when hitting the brakes at slow speeds. It sounds “even” and on both sides in the front. Maybe it’s still breaking in.

No sign of any rust at all. Or any scores in the rotors.