Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gritters + Tesla windscreen + ouch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
regarding sub-zero temps :D

Scotland is different animal

scottish-scotland.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Medved_77
jesus, there's been 3 nights with temps below 0 this year... it will not freeze even without gritting.

all northern Europe uses salt water/brine whatever you call. and only spread sand with low spreader when needed.

in my 15 years of driving in winter, never ever I had issue with gritter spreading *sugar* on my car. only in uk
I bet you 1 million pounds that temperatures in every part of the uk mainland have dropped below freezing on more than 3 nights!!

jesus, there's been 3 nights with temps below 0 this year... it will not freeze even without gritting.

Your right, it doesn't go below freezing around here - it often stays well below freezing for days at a time - this patch remain nearly inch thick in places ice pack for over a week recently. We have had at least two periods this season when it has not gone above freezing for a week or so.
1677846610915.png

And below is 10:30 in the morning. You should see the state of the roads at 5am.

1677846243858.png