Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ground Clearance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any idea what the expected ground clearance of the roadster is?

I want to reserve one and I'd probably send my wire for a founders edition tomorrow if I knew the answer to this.

I have a driveway where even with the Model S (~5" clearance) I scrape the bottom every time I drive in and out. I've taken it to a service center and they said this isn't a problem, they actually can't even tell if I didn't tell them, I think due to the protective shield on the battery.

Tesla support told me "you'll wear down your driveway before you wear down that shield." So I feel good about it.

But for the roadster, I'm curious what the clearance likely is.

-------------------------------

And please, I've already talked to multiple contractors about fixing the slope and also looked at 3rd party solutions like those rubber mats. Due to the style of my driveway, it isn't possible.

OP: You probably know this already but most cars in the class of the 2020 Roadster have some sort of front axle lift system (Porsche GT3, Lambo, etc.). Seems like Tesla w/ the air suspension know-how would at least consider such an option on the Roadster.