TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Group buy for Model3 front fascia?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by tm3p-fan, Oct 22, 2019.

1. tm3p-fan

tm3p-fan Member

Model 3s are becoming ubiquitous. Especially since there are no cost color options.

Looking to see if there's an interest to buy the front fascia. Maybe with a group buy the price can drop to where it's more affordable since additional cost is required to remove, paint and install.

Ascension Front Fascia System for Tesla Model 3

If there's another vendor with a similar replacement please quote source & $.

Please respond with a yea or nay to keep it simple and what target price would make you pull the trigger.

If responding, what would be helpful is if you could provide the approx cost to remove, paint and install. Is the removal process straight fwd or electrical dis/assembly required? I know costs are different based on geography, so, indicate which state if in US or country if international.

Thanks y'all.

• Disagree x 2
  2. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

Have you called Ben and asked him if he would even do a deal? I was able to check out their full Model 3 kit last week and it looked great. The S-APEX Model S is even more unbelievable with all the carbon. They will be getting some business from me come spring.

3. Trevor B

Trevor B Active Member

What's wrong with the way it looks now???

• Like x 2
  4. nalang

nalang Member

Interested if you can make this happen. I went to UP a few weeks back and was able to see their fascias in person. Look great and I agree, these add an aesthetic difference that’s missing between trim levels.

I have both the front and rear fascia pre-ordered, but the rear wont go into production until December according to UP so I’m waiting until January to get them installed. Make it happen!

5. CAAD

CAAD Member

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 2.09.13 PM.png

Not sure if this is before or after front facia.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Aesthetics are subjective and idiosyncratic; everyone has their own opinion about the Model 3 design, including the front end. I think it’s lovely, others want to change it. It’s their choice, and their money.

7. GFrunkEra

GFrunkEra Member

Definitely looks better than the stock bumper. Is it worth $2K unpainted? Idk...

8. P3Orion

P3Orion Member

I would have to see some drag coefficient numbers before I would consider this. I doubt that UP has done any wind tunnel testing, or if there is any improvement over the stock bumper. It does look good though.

9. P3Orion

P3Orion Member

I would have to see some drag coefficient numbers before I would consider this. I doubt that UP has done any wind tunnel testing, or if there is any improvement over the stock bumper. It does look good though.

10. tm3p-fan

tm3p-fan Member

As in any business, if there's enough interest shown and the business wants to move a product then they do what makes sense to make $. Having inventory of a product on a shelf is helping no one. There is a sunk cost to make the mould so, every product they subsequently make increases their profit.

If say 20 people indicate they would pull the trigger that would work out to 20* $1700 if the choose to discount it by $300. That $34k in sales.

Just thinking.