Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

The group purchase is going live right now until 11:59 PM tonight (09/21/2019, PDT, GMT-7:00). If anyone is new, or if anyone does not receive my email, please email me immediately mrquanhoangnguyen@gmail. I will forward to email instruction to you, so you can have enough time to purchase. Thank you so much.

Ordered the trunk and foot sensor
Thanks again!

Hi everyone,

I got the answers from the company, related to the Alibaba price difference and why Tesla kits are more expensive than others.

View attachment 456852

View attachment 456854

Haha. I actually bought one of the $300 sets. It was actually just 4 weeks ago that I bought it. They seemed eager to sell it to me at that price. It went up to $350 after getting some publicity in the Tesla reddit. The sudden price raise to $500 coincided with iTesla and FrugalTeslaGuy partnering up and getting sponsorship from the company. Probably using their audiences to drive traffic, and the company could raise prices and give those two a part of the cut.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Haha. I actually bought one of the $300 sets. It was actually just 4 weeks ago that I bought it. They seemed eager to sell it to me at that price. It went up to $350 after getting some publicity in the Tesla reddit. The sudden price raise to $500 coincided with iTesla and FrugalTeslaGuy partnering up and getting sponsorship from the company. Probably using their audiences to drive traffic, and the company could raise prices and give those two a part of the cut.

That’s the risk of waiting until a product is vetted and there are more people who can make videos, help out with install, vouch for the company, and help troubleshoot.

Maybe price will come down again one day, in which case I’ll add the frunk.

Reactions: comraddan