Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group buy for the 4k Blackvue Dashcam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will have some integral mirror mounts available along with polarized lenses coming soon. Thank you to everyone that has kept this thread alive and helped new comers with getting in touch with me. There is a new DR950 with an interior camera plus the normal 2 channel. Is there any interest for this one?
That sounds like a good one and 4 K?. Is there a 4 channel? I like the interior camera addition. Do these cameras get overheated and shut down in AZ climate? Do the plastic SD cards survive in hot climates?

Last edited:
Do the plastic SD cards survive in hot climates?
Cant speak for AZ, but down here in AUS during summer will get to 45c (113f in freedom units). My Blackvue 650 & 750's units haven't had a problem. However I find the SD cards can be problematic. I've been using the Samsung Pro Endurance Micro SD cards with success over the last year or so,

The Samsung PRO Endurance is built to withstand harsh environments and features Samsung’s 4-Proof protection, making it water, temperature, magnetic and x-ray-proof.

Waterproof: IEC 60529, IPX7; Temperature: from -25ºC to 85ºC (-13°F to 185°F) operating; magnetic: up to 15,000 gauss (equal to MRI); X-rays: up to 50 Roentgen (equal to airport X-ray machines)

It's winter here at the moment so I can't comment on my DR900s in hot temperatures yet,,,

I'm working on pricing as we speak. They're from EDR Auto in France. So depending on shipping and any kinds of taxes we shall see what they ultimately end up costing me. If I had to guess it's going to be in the neighborhood of 60$ for the AP1 or AP2 Model S/X covers. The filters will probably be the same price as what everyone else sells them for I think. Not a ton of money to be made on this stuff but definitely cleans up the install and makes the video better.

I would definitely be interested in the mirror mount for an AP2 S for that price. Tesland’s is the only one I’ve been able to find and I’ve seen mixed reviews.

I would definitely be interested in the mirror mount for an AP2 S for that price. Tesland’s is the only one I’ve been able to find and I’ve seen mixed reviews.

I haven’t messed around with them in person yet so I am not 100% certain as to the quality and performance of it but I’m waiting on them to ship me a few to try out. Once I’ve tried them I will report back and we can go from there.

Reactions: davidc18
I haven’t messed around with them in person yet so I am not 100% certain as to the quality and performance of it but I’m waiting on them to ship me a few to try out. Once I’ve tried them I will report back and we can go from there.

Chris I got one they actually fit well I just ended up using blendmount...but EDR good quality

All you have to do is message me and I'll get you the info. Right now things have slowed down considerably :( I think it's a combination of demand and that I started offering the DR750S and that price is also really good so more people are going for the DR750S instead of the DR900's. I only have 8 orders for DR900's right now. So I need everyones help. You all for the most part have the information.... tell friends, family, strangers lol I don't care! I don't want to be holding people's money or camera's hostage like this.