Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So let me understand this, it's $40 for 4 pieces of 1/8" plastic? And, it appears that you're giving the company free advertising on each flap! Am I missing something here? This is like paying $5 for 12oz of bottled water when you can get the same thing from your tap.

That's $33.96 dollars for 4 pieces of cut 1/8" plastic with some tape, a stainless steel mounting bracket and 2 cents worth of plastic fasters! ;) Others are selling the same for $150 and people here have been paying it! :eek:

a console wrap is just a few cents worth of colored tape... doesnt stop people (me included) from buying it

Absolutely agree with you, and I think it gets down to the demographics of the average Tesla buyer. We're not minimum wage people, we're (mostly) probably 6 figure salary people (or combined), so we have disposable cash, and as such, we tend to buy things because they look neat and/or inexpensive (to us). But I've been a supply chain professional all my life, so I tend to really weigh a product based on its value or perceived value before making a purchase. In this case, I just couldn't justify 1/8" pieces of plastic for $40, it's doesn't mean they not worth it to some, just not to me. The look cheap and I refuse to give people free advertising, i.e., each flap has the manufacturer's name blazoned across the bottom from side to side. If it said T E S L A it might be different, but they don’t.

flap.jpg

So let me understand this, it's $40 for 4 pieces of 1/8" plastic? And, it appears that you're giving the company free advertising on each flap! Am I missing something here? This is like paying $5 for 12oz of bottled water when you can get the same thing from your tap.

Yeah, all the other alternatives charge you 80 for 2 pieces of 1/8” plastic....

Still waiting on mine....

Absolutely agree with you, and I think it gets down to the demographics of the average Tesla buyer. We're not minimum wage people, we're (mostly) probably 6 figure salary people (or combined), so we have disposable cash, and as such, we tend to buy things because they look neat and/or inexpensive (to us). But I've been a supply chain professional all my life, so I tend to really weigh a product based on its value or perceived value before making a purchase. In this case, I just couldn't justify 1/8" pieces of plastic for $40, it's doesn't mean they not worth it to some, just not to me. The look cheap and I refuse to give people free advertising, i.e., each flap has the manufacturer's name blazoned across the bottom from side to side. If it said T E S L A it might be different, but they don’t.

View attachment 434043

I generally agree with you not wanting to give people free advertising. In this case, these flaps have no names "blazoned," or otherwise, on the product. Second, if you are referring to this thread as free advertising, you are mistaken there as well. More than 150 group buy participants received a 15% discount for the group buy orders generated by this post - So, the advertisement here was not "Free" for the manufacturer. For these reasons, I "disagree" with your earlier post.

Last edited:
I generally agree with you not wanting to give people free advertising. In this case, these flaps have no names "blazoned," or otherwise, on the product. Second, if you are referring to this thread as free advertising, you are mistaken there as well. More than 150 group buy participants received a 15% discount for the group buy ordered generated by this post - So, the advertisement here was not "Free" for the manufacturer. For these reasons, I "disagree" with your earlier post.

So the picture that was posted (below) was in error? My comment on free advertising was simply based on the picture, not a mention on this forum.

flap.jpg

So the picture that was posted (below) was in error? My comment on free advertising was simply based on the picture, not a mention on this forum.

View attachment 434049

Absolutely an error on your part. The $33.96 group buy was for "Tsolutions" flaps, not RallyArmor. Another poster to this tread, like you who did not participate in the group buy, may have posted pictures of his/her alternative to the Tsolutions group buy, as a means of offering us all another alternative to the group buy supplier. Have a great day! :)

EDIT: This thread was intended to be for the Tsolutions group buy and follow-on reviews and pictures; we can't control who posts what here, or anywhere else on TMC, as long as the TMC rules are followed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kleenerth3
I get being "flooded" with orders, but other than my Paypal receipt, have not heard one word about my order since I placed it on the 17th. They only sell two products - they can't be that far behind that they can't email confirmations or order #'s.