Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks to me that the text and the picture of the ss bracket installed in the mud flap are contradictory. The picture looks to me as if the bracket is angled down, not up, where it exits the front (exposed side) of the flap. I followed the picture, but maybe I should turn them 180 and follow the text. Please advise.

I was confused too. I followed the image since I interpreted it as the bracket itself should be angled up and not the notch that connects to the mud flap. The bracket has a noticeable angle to it so the spot where the 10mm bolt connects is angled up from the a spot with the notch. I don’t know why the forum rotated the pic.

I am concerned after seeing other posts about the large gaps. It seems debris will collect there. I just installed these today and will monitor it.

Attachments

• 0C62A656-FF94-45CF-9F3F-673C698B012A.jpeg
    0C62A656-FF94-45CF-9F3F-673C698B012A.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 194
I was confused too. I followed the image since I interpreted it as the bracket itself should be angled up and not the notch that connects to the mud flap. The bracket has a noticeable angle to it so the spot where the 10mm bolt connects is angled up from the a spot with the notch. I don’t know why the forum rotated the pic.

I am concerned after seeing other posts about the large gaps. It seems debris will collect there. I just installed these today and will monitor it.

I've had it on for a few months now. During car washes, I have to reach behind and pull out leaves, etc. Probably going to switch to the RallyArmour soon.

See posts #504 and #509
I re-attached and the gap is gone but there is always going to be a collection spot since the design is L shaped. It really needs more coverage higher up and on the inside of the wheel well. Mine are not level with the ground either although it doesn’t bother me much. I will keep these on until there’s a better solution (I don’t like the China ones).

Attachments

• E824C4D0-FB0D-4E84-95DA-4B209C687FF9.jpeg
    E824C4D0-FB0D-4E84-95DA-4B209C687FF9.jpeg
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 47B5477C-6CFC-40A4-ABCA-30FDF1A8CFA0.jpeg
    47B5477C-6CFC-40A4-ABCA-30FDF1A8CFA0.jpeg
    503.9 KB · Views: 194
I re-attached and the gap is gone but there is always going to be a collection spot since the design is L shaped. It really needs more coverage higher up and on the inside of the wheel well. Mine are not level with the ground either although it doesn’t bother me much. I will keep these on until there’s a better solution (I don’t like the China ones).
Glad your gap is gone.

So after you reattached, the part of the bracket that is visible now points down?

Ordered the Rally Armor mud flaps. I was driving and noticed a rattling noise. Ended up being the two front flaps hitting the car held on by one push pin each. Removed them and placed the OEM clips back in. Hopefully the RA flaps get in before any snow.

Let us know your thoughts on the installation process of the RA mud flaps when you have the chance...

Reactions: untilcomplete
Let us know your thoughts on the installation process of the RA mud flaps when you have the chance...

Installation was a PITA. You need to have a right angle screwdriver (Phillips#3) or possibly take the wheels off. I have 18s and it would be a really tight if not impossible to do it with the wheels on, especially the rear, with 19s or bigger. I ended up using a ratchet and the phillips head attached to the ratchet to tighten the screws. It uses lots of foam pieces that can be installed prior to getting under the wheel wells. Looks great though.

Attachments

• IMG_0329.JPEG
    IMG_0329.JPEG
    307.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0331.JPEG
    IMG_0331.JPEG
    420.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0332.JPEG
    IMG_0332.JPEG
    606.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0333.JPEG
    IMG_0333.JPEG
    385.2 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: Itsuo-DC and jebinc
TL;DR perhaps already mentioned, but Tesla is now providing free Tesla mud flaps to areas that require them (climates with a winter season) and they now also come with new cars delivered to theses regions. We are now getting them in Canada, and I believe the Nordic countries.
I would assume they can be purchased in other regions.

• Informative
Reactions: untilcomplete
Installation was a PITA. You need to have a right angle screwdriver (Phillips#3) or possibly take the wheels off. I have 18s and it would be a really tight if not impossible to do it with the wheels on, especially the rear, with 19s or bigger. I ended up using a ratchet and the phillips head attached to the ratchet to tighten the screws. It uses lots of foam pieces that can be installed prior to getting under the wheel wells. Looks great though.

The RA look great !! Thanks for the installation review and the pics - much appreciated....