Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Requested a refund as I like the look of the molded flaps on the other thread and havent heard anything from the vendor.

@ RobC - Please let us know how the return and molded flap install goes. Post pictures of the post-installation of the Chinese molded flaps. Where are you going to order them from? I see a new ebay post saying they can be had for under $20 and delivered by the 8th of August. Not sure how reliable that is. Amazon has them, and you can get them in a day from a couple of vendors - but for $39.99. Be sure to use PPF film or some other paint protection under the wrapped areas! We look forward you your review and experience with both!

Edit: Adding link - Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For Tesla Model 3 2016-2019 6918053942632 | eBay

Last edited:
Reactions: RobC
@ RobC - Please let us know how the return and molded flap install goes. Post pictures of the post-installation of the Chinese molded flaps. Where are you going to order them from? I see a new ebay post saying they can be had for under $20 and delivered by the 8th of August. Not sure how reliable that is. Amazon has them, and you can get them in a day from a couple of vendors - but for $39.99. Be sure to use PPF film or some other paint protection under the wrapped areas! We look forward you your review and experience with both!

Edit: Adding link - Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For Tesla Model 3 2016-2019 6918053942632 | eBay

Problem with those is it requires drilling into the liner of the car.

Problem with this group buy is the mud flaps aren’t level when installed (not to mention a very quiet seller).

Sigh. Why is this so hard?

Problem with those is it requires drilling into the liner of the car.

Problem with this group buy is the mud flaps aren’t level when installed (not to mention a very quiet seller).

Sigh. Why is this so hard?

I think it's hard because everyone in rushing their product to market in attempts to capture the market before someone else does. I believe the molded flaps can be installed with 3M tape at the top of the front flaps, rather than that screw - that would be the same as everyone else selling flap faced flaps.

Finally installed mine yesterday morning before it got hot.. My install wasn't as smooth as others. One of the replacement clips for installing the front Mud Flap keeps popping out and I did try all 4 and it seems to be a consistent problem most likely with my particular car.

I didn't do the group buy but tried some generic mudflaps before getting molded ones. The following description from Amazon has clips that are a little longer and worked well for my previous install. I think they were about $5.

GOOACC Nylon Bumper Fastener Rivet Clips Automotive Furniture Assembly Expansion Screws Kit Auto Body Clips 8mm - 40PCS

• Informative
Reactions: MacGreiner
I didn't do the group buy but tried some generic mudflaps before getting molded ones. The following description from Amazon has clips that are a little longer and worked well for my previous install. I think they were about $5.

GOOACC Nylon Bumper Fastener Rivet Clips Automotive Furniture Assembly Expansion Screws Kit Auto Body Clips 8mm - 40PCS

I bought a similar kit that contained over 250pc of various sizes to plug those holes in the rear wheel well liner. I'm sure I have some that will work well with those molded flaps as well - should I ever choose to switch over at some point.

Reactions: zannman
@jkoya - I decided to put a level on my flaps, based on your report. While I never noticed it, mine are like yours - 1/2 - 3/4 bubble inbound.

Thanks for the update - much appreciated !!

I have mine packaged up and I am sending them back to Mike tomorrow morning. I let him know I will be emailing him the Tracking Number and I am returning them based on his 100% money back guarantee if returned in 30 days. I thought it may be a quirk to my particular car, but maybe not after reading your post. I can report back if and when I get my refund.

Thanks for the update - much appreciated !!

I have mine packaged up and I am sending them back to Mike tomorrow morning. I let him know I will be emailing him the Tracking Number and I am returning them based on his 100% money back guarantee if returned in 30 days. I thought it may be a quirk to my particular car, but maybe not after reading your post. I can report back if and when I get my refund.

Yes, it' very nice they offer a 100% money-back guarantee - don't see that on other flaps. I believe Mike will keep his word on that.

Yes, it' very nice they offer a 100% money-back guarantee - don't see that on other flaps. I believe Mike will keep his word on that.

I'm sure Mike will credit my card. The double stick tape on the rears had almost completely pulled away this morning when I went to remove them. The tape on the front flaps were stuck on solid. I ordered the molded ones from eBay this morning.

You are right on the return policy. The seller of the molded flaps on eBay doesn't accept returns, but it was only $20 shipped. Sending them back to China would probably have eaten away at the $20 cost anyway.

I ordered a se
I'm sure Mike will credit my card. The double stick tape on the rears had almost completely pulled away this morning when I went to remove them. The tape on the front flaps were stuck on solid. I ordered the molded ones from eBay this morning.

You are right on the return policy. The seller of the molded flaps on eBay doesn't accept returns, but it was only $20 shipped. Sending them back to China would probably have eaten away at the $20 cost anyway.

I ordered a set via Amazon - just to have options and see them for myself. :) They arrive on later this week... :eek: