Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@cevM3 and @WilliamG - Did you try emailing Mike to see what the hold up is?

Frankly, once I order something from a company, it becomes incumbent on them to process the order and communicate appropriately. If this was a high-dollar purchase I'd probably put more effort in, but for now I'm just going to wait and see how long it takes for something to happen. Right now, Mike isn't doing anything other than making it hard for me to recommend his company or products.

Frankly, once I order something from a company, it becomes incumbent on them to process the order and communicate appropriately. If this was a high-dollar purchase I'd probably put more effort in, but for now I'm just going to wait and see how long it takes for something to happen. Right now, Mike isn't doing anything other than making it hard for me to recommend his company or products.

I can't fault your frustration. Communication should occur, re delivery timing, especially in this day and age.

Finally installed mine yesterday morning before it got hot.. My install wasn't as smooth as others. One of the replacement clips for installing the front Mud Flap keeps popping out and I did try all 4 and it seems to be a consistent problem most likely with my particular car. For the rears, I couldn't get them perfectly level horizontally. Getting them perfectly level would involve the top part of the mud flap being adhered to the fender liner and not the lip of the fender. I'm not sure if the flaps aren't cut straight or if the slit in the flap for the rear bracket is not cut correctly. In either case, the double stick tape is already starting to pull away from the lip of the fender.. I'll email Mike and ask what's up, but I'll probably remove them. Not really happy with the end result.

Attachments

• XlhWLjhdTaGquTEBYNWRtQ.jpg
    XlhWLjhdTaGquTEBYNWRtQ.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 142
  • yF6ef%vjTSiPtq3qOa4oWw.jpg
    yF6ef%vjTSiPtq3qOa4oWw.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 102
Finally installed mine yesterday morning before it got hot.. My install wasn't as smooth as others. One of the replacement clips for installing the front Mud Flap keeps popping out and I did try all 4 and it seems to be a consistent problem most likely with my particular car. For the rears, I couldn't get them perfectly level horizontally. Getting them perfectly level would involve the top part of the mud flap being adhered to the fender liner and not the lip of the fender. I'm not sure if the flaps aren't cut straight or if the slit in the flap for the rear bracket is not cut correctly. In either case, the double stick tape is already starting to pull away from the lip of the fender.. I'll email Mike and ask what's up, but I'll probably remove them. Not really happy with the end result.

Wow, thanks for sharing. Please let us know what Mike's answer/solution is (in case others find themselves in a similar boat)! :)

See the rear mud flap pic on post # 208. This is what my passenger side looks like. The driver's side looks much worse..

It bugs me the flap is not level horizontally to the ground. I have a roll of the 3M double stick tape, so I'm going to pull it off and try again.

@jebinc - are you rear mud flaps level horizontally and parallel to the ground ?

See the rear mud flap pic on post # 208. This is what my passenger side looks like. The driver's side looks much worse..

It bugs me the flap is not level horizontally to the ground. I have a roll of the 3M double stick tape, so I'm going to pull it off and try again.

@jebinc - are you rear mud flaps level horizontally and parallel to the ground ?

I am the poster for #208. The rear mudflaps are leveled horizontally to the ground. It is because of the flap curving towards the front that make it look like it is not leveled. If you get down very close to the ground you will know they are leveled.

Yes, they seem to be, @jkoya

I get being "flooded" with orders, but other than my Paypal receipt, have not heard one word about my order since I placed it on the 17th. They only sell two products - they can't be that far behind that they can't email confirmations or order #'s.

I never got any thing other that the PayPal receipt either... but it wasn’t a big deal.