Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy: Southern California/West Side: Tint/PPF/Ceramic via Concours Auto Spa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I booked an appointment today. He's booked until next month (~2 weeks out for Marina Del Ray, and 4 weeks out for Torrance). I guess I'm at the bottom of the Group Buy and they need to get a new group of 20 people for the discount.

My total came to just under $4k (PPF on the Front, Ceramic on the rest, full tint, chrome delete, and some little tweaks here and there). I guess if the group buy comes together, I get a $300 rebate. Frankly, I was hoping for more than 7.5% discount associated with the Group Buy; however, having looked at these things, the prices seem fair and they have a good reputation for quality work. I would also give him high marks for his help on the phone and patiently explaining all the services. Feels like a lot of money, so I hope this is worth it!

So for any others looking to jump on board, there's still a Group Buy going here.

Can someone confirm the $580 price includes front windshield? If so, what kinda film is being used for windshield?
How's the Suntech CIR compared to Formula One Pinnacle?
I've been getting quotes for around $680 for Pinnacle around Pasadena area and not even including front windshield. ($140 extra for Air 80 for windshield)

Tint:

Option 1: $580
Full Suntek CIR (Ceramic) Tint
Includes: Windshield, All Side Windows and Rear Window
Time in shop: 1/2 day

Can someone confirm the $580 price includes front windshield? If so, what kinda film is being used for windshield?
I've been getting quotes for around $680 for Pinnacle around Pasadena area and not even including front windshield. ($140 extra for Air 80 for windshield)

Tint:

This includes the front windshield when I got mine done (1 week ago).

Not really sure on the film, it should just be the Full Suntek CIR. (and no idea on the Formula One Pinnacle)
The film applied nicely and you won't even notice that the front is tinted (after it settles / dries up in a day). You do go in for a post inspection 1 to 2 weeks later to have Doug's team look over their tint job and whatever other services were done. My check in is in 2 weeks since I'm busy this coming weekend.

Sorry for the mixup, was confusing this for something else . This includes the front windshield.

Tint:

Took my car to Doug for it's follow up appointment about 2 weeks after my original pickup. White Model 3, did Chrome Delete (Satin Black), Front PPF, Ceramic Coat, Center Console Wrap (matte ppf), red brake calipers. I pointed out a few areas where the Chrome Delete was bubbling and/or coming off (primarily the side mirrors), and a few areas where the PPF was jagged. Also had a good amount of bubbles on the center console wrap. So they needed to keep it overnight to fix. Picked it up earlier this week and it looks great! They fixed all my concerns and I'm loving the look. Now to tint or not to tint ;)

Question to people about washing their car. I had purchased the Optimum No Rinse wash and had planned to do the two bucket method (you can Google if you don't know what it is) every other week to keep it clean. During my appointment, they said not to use any liquids like that as it can mess up the coating. They recommended simply rinsing off with deionized water using a wand/hose. The coating basically keeps everything from sticking or beading on the car and water is all you need. I watched them do it at my appointment and it works great.

So here's the question. Where are people going to do this? Anyone have any wand style car wash recommendations in the LA/OC/IE area that uses deionized water? If not, is there another easy way to do it? Thanks!

I think the challenge is getting the dionized water under pressure, thru a hose, let alone the logistics of it, unless you get one of these kits...
Click Click

I am sure you can build your own system but the cost savings is marginal at best. I prefer the no maintenance coatings if possilbe...

Took my car to Doug for it's follow up appointment about 2 weeks after my original pickup. White Model 3, did Chrome Delete (Satin Black), Front PPF, Ceramic Coat, Center Console Wrap (matte ppf), red brake calipers. I pointed out a few areas where the Chrome Delete was bubbling and/or coming off (primarily the side mirrors), and a few areas where the PPF was jagged. Also had a good amount of bubbles on the center console wrap. So they needed to keep it overnight to fix. Picked it up earlier this week and it looks great! They fixed all my concerns and I'm loving the look. Now to tint or not to tint ;)

Question to people about washing their car. I had purchased the Optimum No Rinse wash and had planned to do the two bucket method (you can Google if you don't know what it is) every other week to keep it clean. During my appointment, they said not to use any liquids like that as it can mess up the coating. They recommended simply rinsing off with deionized water using a wand/hose. The coating basically keeps everything from sticking or beading on the car and water is all you need. I watched them do it at my appointment and it works great.

So here's the question. Where are people going to do this? Anyone have any wand style car wash recommendations in the LA/OC/IE area that uses deionized water? If not, is there another easy way to do it? Thanks!

@ChiKid24 Not sure what coating you went with but I had them do Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. They didn't mention anything about using deionized water. I spoke to them regarding my washing method - pressure washer w/foam cannon and two bucket method- and the only thing they said was to be careful not to spray the pressure washer too close to the edges of the PPF. The other thing they mentioned was to not use any soaps with any type of waxes. They didn't recommend a specific soap so after doing my own research, I just went with the wash that Gtechniq recommends which is there own soap specifically made for their coatings.

Here's the soap:
GWash Usa.gtechniq.com

In my research, I also found using this as another layer that helps the coating and only needs to be applied one every month or two
Quick Detailer Usa.gtechniq.com

Both have made washing my car a breeze. Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
@ChiKid24 Not sure what coating you went with but I had them do Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. They didn't mention anything about using deionized water. I spoke to them regarding my washing method - pressure washer w/foam cannon and two bucket method- and the only thing they said was to be careful not to spray the pressure washer too close to the edges of the PPF. The other thing they mentioned was to not use any soaps with any type of waxes. They didn't recommend a specific soap so after doing my own research, I just went with the wash that Gtechniq recommends which is there own soap specifically made for their coatings.

Here's the soap:
GWash Usa.gtechniq.com

In my research, I also found using this as another layer that helps the coating and only needs to be applied one every month or two
GWash Usa.gtechniq.com

Both have made washing my car a breeze. Hopefully this helps.
There is a video on Model3Owners channel where the installer recommends a specific pH balanced soap to be used on cars with ceramic coating (#edit: he recommends 3D Pink Car Soap in another video). Regarding washing, I did use two bucket method, but that's doing to change after these videos haha:

My leaf blower won't come soon enough, it's going to be epic.

Last edited:
@nekef1r I definitely watched a ton of professional detailers on youtube. I like to think i'm a semi-pro at detailing cars myself now ;). I use a leaf blower myself to get into those crevices. Word of advice, make sure you blow those mirrors!!! A ton of water is lodged in there after a wash. I definitely read that the soap should be pH balanced as well so you're definitely right on that one.

My neighbors are going to love me...since i usually wash my cars at 6am.....

There is a video on Model3Owners channel where the installer recommends a specific pH balanced soap to be used on cars with ceramic coating (#edit: he recommends 3D Pink Car Soap in another video). Regarding washing, I did use two bucket method, but that's doing to change after these videos haha:

My leaf blower won't come soon enough, it's going to be epic.

@BOBEDIGITL Electric pressure and 2 bucket system? Been trying to find a decent electric one..any good recommendations?

@mobilesuit818 Here's the one I've been using for almost a year and a half.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPGMUXW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have zero complaints. I use it almost every week to wash either my car or my wife's car. My only suggestion would be to also purchase the hose extension. Make going around the car so much easier.

And yes...pressure washer with foam cannon and two bucket system. Here's my process: wheels...rinse entire car wish pressure washer....foam cannon...rinse...two bucket method...rinse... it may be a little excessive but it definitely works for me.

• Funny
Reactions: nekef1r
Thanks all. Found a do-it-yourself place that had a spray wand with spotless rinse (slang for deionized water). Used the regular rinse / pressure washer with just water on the entire car to clean it. Because of the coating, everything just comes right off very easily. No need for any soap. Then I used the spotless rinse on the entire car to rinse off the regular water.

I think Doug's guys recommended deionized because regular water (hard water) can leave water spots when drying. The guy that showed me at Concours said no need to use any towel to try and they don't recommend using one. If I rinse with deionized water and then just go for a 5 minute drive, most of the water will bead right off on the drive and there's no need to towel dry. A leaf blower would be an easy way to simulate this at home.

One more final note. On my drive into the office today a piece of metal debris was on the highway. The car in front of me clipped it going about 50 and it lifted it slightly so it banged into my front bumper. Took a look at it when I got to the office and had some serious black marks where it impacted. Did my wash at lunch and it cleaned up perfectly as the ppf took the brunt of it. Thank god I had gotten the ppf done before this happened. Otherwise that would likely be a gash in the front fender. Very happy I spent the money!

@mobilesuit818 Here's the one I've been using for almost a year and a half.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPGMUXW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have zero complaints. I use it almost every week to wash either my car or my wife's car. My only suggestion would be to also purchase the hose extension. Make going around the car so much easier.

And yes...pressure washer with foam cannon and two bucket system. Here's my process: wheels...rinse entire car wish pressure washer....foam cannon...rinse...two bucket method...rinse... it may be a little excessive but it definitely works for me.
why wheels first?

Can’t speak to your specific shop but most shops all over the place with prices based on my experience.

Doug does an amazing job...and very good prices.

Is the tinting price something special for this group buy, or normal price?

I went to a local place that gets good reviews, and they are quoting me $1400.

What could possibly be the difference to charge that much more?

I do love dionized water but the system is $$$

Thanks all. Found a do-it-yourself place that had a spray wand with spotless rinse (slang for deionized water). Used the regular rinse / pressure washer with just water on the entire car to clean it. Because of the coating, everything just comes right off very easily. No need for any soap. Then I used the spotless rinse on the entire car to rinse off the regular water.

I think Doug's guys recommended deionized because regular water (hard water) can leave water spots when drying. The guy that showed me at Concours said no need to use any towel to try and they don't recommend using one. If I rinse with deionized water and then just go for a 5 minute drive, most of the water will bead right off on the drive and there's no need to towel dry. A leaf blower would be an easy way to simulate this at home.

One more final note. On my drive into the office today a piece of metal debris was on the highway. The car in front of me clipped it going about 50 and it lifted it slightly so it banged into my front bumper. Took a look at it when I got to the office and had some serious black marks where it impacted. Did my wash at lunch and it cleaned up perfectly as the ppf took the brunt of it. Thank god I had gotten the ppf done before this happened. Otherwise that would likely be a gash in the front fender. Very happy I spent the money!