Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy: Southern California/West Side: Tint/PPF/Ceramic via Concours Auto Spa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t speak to your specific shop but most shops all over the place with prices based on my experience.

Doug does an amazing job...and very good prices.
Thanks. Would rather go to Doug based on the reviews from here, rather than this place from reviews on Yelp, but this place is a mile away, and Doug is 50 miles.

But I'm not going to pay $1,400 for something that Doug does for $580, obviously. Even ubering back and forth won't ever come close to that much extra.

Thanks.

@brianmeow @mobilesuit818 I spend about 2-4 mins per wheel. I use 2 different brushes depending on the area I am cleaning. So let's just say it takes about 10-15 mins to do my wheels. If I don't dry the car, then that's 10-15 mins of water just sitting on the paint and more than likely drying up and leaving some sort of water spot. If I dry the car and then do the wheels, I'll have to dry the car again because the pressure washer is going to end spewing some water on the paint, making me do double work to dry. That's what I do each wheel individually first, and then begin my whole process....

Let Doug know, I’m sure he can turn you around in a day.....
Thanks. Would rather go to Doug based on the reviews from here, rather than this place from reviews on Yelp, but this place is a mile away, and Doug is 50 miles.

But I'm not going to pay $1,400 for something that Doug does for $580, obviously. Even ubering back and forth won't ever come close to that much extra.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I met with Doug re my Obsidian Black M3P+ and have a standing install for full tint Friday next week. Impressed with the facilities (very clean and lab like) Doug also showed me the latest project which was a full satin wrap Model 3 Performance +. Excellent work and reputation. No hard sales and posted pricing is extended without question. Just passing along my personal observations.

Reactions: Jedi2155
I met with Doug re my Obsidian Black M3P+ and have a standing install for full tint Friday next week. Impressed with the facilities (very clean and lab like) Doug also showed me the latest project which was a full satin wrap Model 3 Performance +. Excellent work and reputation. No hard sales and posted pricing is extended without question. Just passing along my personal observations.

That takes balls to try a full satin wrap.

I’m considering the same but how did it look in your honest opinion?

Both the quality of job and aesthetics of the vehicle?

• Funny
That takes balls to try a full satin wrap.

I’m considering the same but how did it look in your honest opinion?

Both the quality of job and aesthetics of the vehicle?

Actually was pretty impressive as the contours of the hood and fenders are pretty sweeping and aggressive on the model 3. The installer nailed it as the wrap was seamless in its contour to the paint. Here in LA the Satin wrap is pretty common so im not a fan but to each his own. I also absolutely love my OBM paint. However, based on what I saw and the quality of install, Ill be having Doug apply clear PPF to my front clip.

Actually was pretty impressive as the contours of the hood and fenders are pretty sweeping and aggressive on the model 3. The installer nailed it as the wrap was seamless in its contour to the paint. Here in LA the Satin wrap is pretty common so im not a fan but to each his own. I also absolutely love my OBM paint. However, based on what I saw and the quality of install, Ill be having Doug apply clear PPF to my front clip.

That’s great feedback. I suppose the owner wouldn’t be mistaken for a Prius convert that a Corvette would bully.

It’s nice you got OBM. With paint approaching rising for any color but Black, the standard gloss black will be all too common. :(

@mariobros I had mine done mid August and haven't received anything. Don't really think it matters when we had our appointments considering the rebate was based on getting the 20 bookings done first. I'd like to assume that considering one confirmed person has received their rebate, everyone else's should be on their way. Hopefully :)

So would everyone agree that Doug's tint job is great? I have a deposit at Rodz which I'm thinking about canceling so I can do the full package at Doug's.

Can't speak about other installers but as far as the work Doug did on my car, tint looks fantastic. No edges, bubbles, nothing. Everything looks great

Just got off the phone with Doug and got my rebate (my car was worked on in early August)!

Everything is holding up great and I haven’t had any issues whatsoever.

Attachments

• B5396DFE-6990-45D9-8945-FBCA35AA5A08.jpeg
    B5396DFE-6990-45D9-8945-FBCA35AA5A08.jpeg
    578.7 KB · Views: 129