Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you wait in line at a brick and mortar Tesla store before it opened to place your reservation???

Indeed. What on Earth did he expect to get going there more than the Model 3 reservation. People are greedy (some) but most smart people understand that it's the gesture that counts.

No, I waltzed in a half hour before internet reservations opened. I was busy with meetings at work all day and after seeing the UTC store line, I decided I couldn't burn half a day to be there.

Well I don't really see how this can be the line waiters token of appreciation. I'm starting to think that there will be no token other than this and it will be sent to everyone who ordered. So not a line waiter thing as its too hard to tell the liner uppers from the reservers.

Well I don't really see how this can be the line waiters token of appreciation. I'm starting to think that there will be no token other than this and it will be sent to everyone who ordered. So not a line waiter thing as its too hard to tell the liner uppers from the reservers.
Probably just time based. Elon said yes to a scaled model 3 as one of the gifts. Maybe the design has to be finalized before he can get those started.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 96

No, the line reservations started before online reservations, they were made by Tesla personel in the stores so it's probably very easy to register that it was a "in line" reservation rather than an "on line" reservation.

I just got this in the mail today. This appears to be it.

Congratulations on getting your token of appreciation! Like other TMC members, i would like to know if you waited in the lines to reserve the Model 3 or whether you reserved it online after the reveal. We are just trying to figure out if that is the token of appreciation for online reservers or in-store reservers. Thanks in advance for any information! Looking forward to getting my Model 3 sketch!

Like other TMC members, i would like to know if you waited in the lines to reserve the Model 3 or whether you reserved it online after the reveal. We are just trying to figure out if that is the token of appreciation for online reservers or in-store reservers
In my opinion, Tesla will definitely not make any distinctions as to who gets the "token of appreciation": it will go to all Model 3 reservation holders.

Reactions: melindav