Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I don't mean to disrespect Fred but I think he is speculating as much as we are - considering that there is no quote from Tesla or even an insider.

The "early" reservation holders all received the Model 3 drawing. In my opinion, I feel that people who reserved in physical stores will receive the "something special." It takes less effort to reserve something online than actually visiting the store.

I can't help but feel that many folks are setting themselves up for disappointment here. Yes, thousands of people took the time out of their day to stand in line to put down their money for a Model 3. Some did not. Remember, those that chose to go to a store and stand in line did so of their own free will with no promise of anything other that a spot in line to purchase a car at some distant time.

Whatever those folks may or may not receive, it is over and above anything that was ever stated. With half a million reservations looming, ramp up headaches ever present, dual motor, performance, auto pilot, etc. etc. etc. I wouldn't be expecting anything fancy nor expensive. I guess time will tell.

Dan

I can't help but feel that many folks are setting themselves up for disappointment here. Yes, thousands of people took the time out of their day to stand in line to put down their money for a Model 3. Some did not. Remember, those that chose to go to a store and stand in line did so of their own free will with no promise of anything other that a spot in line to purchase a car at some distant time.

Whatever those folks may or may not receive, it is over and above anything that was ever stated. With half a million reservations looming, ramp up headaches ever present, dual motor, performance, auto pilot, etc. etc. etc. I wouldn't be expecting anything fancy nor expensive. I guess time will tell.

Dan

I agree. We should be happy that Elon even remembered (and is acting on) his tweet from two years ago.

People are complaining because they had hopes for signature red or free supercharging. While it would've been nice, it is an unreasonable "prize" simply for waiting in line. I wait in a line every day for my lunch (sometimes up to 30 minutes) and I don't receive anything special.

people line up for *sugar* all the time, the \
I agree. We should be happy that Elon even remembered (and is acting on) his tweet from two years ago.

People are complaining because they had hopes for signature red or free supercharging. While it would've been nice, it is an unreasonable "prize" simply for waiting in line. I wait in a line every day for my lunch (sometimes up to 30 minutes) and I don't receive anything special.
thank you! people line up for stuff all the time, look at apple iphone launches. Bunch of entitled people expecting freebies from a company trying to make a profit is just ridiculous.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy
people line up for *sugar* all the time, the \

thank you! people line up for stuff all the time, look at apple iphone launches. Bunch of entitled people expecting freebies from a company trying to make a profit is just ridiculous.

You are the ridiculous one calling people entitled. Musk is the one who offered “some special”. No one forced or suggested he offer anything. If I don’t think a matchbox car that matches my model 3 is something special... i am “entitled” to my opinion.

However I expect more from waiting in line two hours, holding my deposit(supporting the company) for 2 years to pay for at minimum a $49k car right now.

I honestly didn’t expect anything other than the picture we already got. But neither that or the model car is something special imo.

You are the ridiculous one calling people entitled. Musk is the one who offered “some special”. No one forced or suggested he offer anything. If I don’t think a matchbox car that matches my model 3 is something special... i am “entitled” to my opinion.

However I expect more from waiting in line two hours, holding my deposit(supporting the company) for 2 years to pay for at minimum a $49k car right now.

I honestly didn’t expect anything other than the picture we already got. But neither that or the model car is something special imo.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You get to be the recipient of the most technologically advanced, groundbreaking car in the history of Tesla Motors!!!!

What more could (should) you want?!

Dan

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor

ok there bud! you are entitled...ahem...to your opinion. lol

Hmm...that would be perfect if it was small enough to carry in a pocket or purse, and is able to lock/unlock the doors, trunk, frunk with a button push or passively.

This is why there isn't a fob with normal purchases. It's so that line waiters can feel special.

I look at such gifts or thank you/Christmas/birthday cards from companies and see burning dollar bills.

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3
I think matchbox cars are special. Maybe I'm a man of simple tastes. I also always wished I had a matchbox car of my old 85 Supra. It wasn't exactly iconic enough to make model car versions of, but having a diecast version of it now would definitely have sentimental value. I am positive if I had one, it would still be on my desk to this day. So yeah, maybe different people have different definitions for what is special to them.