Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder where they got the idea for a flamethrower?

k4H460l.gif

No way he would post that if it was only being able to configure first.

Though it is odd that owner line waiters have already gotten their cars and we haven’t heard of them getting anything. And the rumor is that it’s a gift at delivery.
I’m actually a non-owner online reservation holder.Your “gift” is a vehicle that’s in high demand that you’re able to get first after the owners.

• Funny
Reactions: jbcarioca
i ordered a hat.

Never received it.

...but my order confirmation said I apparently pre-ordered a flamethrower, even though the summary confirmed a hat

confused, mildly disappointed and $35 out of pocket.
So long as Elon puts the money to good use I guess.

View attachment 276485

Nope still no hat, nor flamethrower for me.
Reckon you M3 (prospective) owners are whistling in the wind for anything special.
Am actually a bit pissed now when I can be bothered to think about it, suppose I'll have to request the card company to refund the payment except they won't.

@Elon: Oops. Lesson in how to turn positive marketing fun into negative vibe.

Nope still no hat, nor flamethrower for me.
Reckon you M3 (prospective) owners are whistling in the wind for anything special.
Am actually a bit pissed now when I can be bothered to think about it, suppose I'll have to request the card company to refund the payment except they won't.

@Elon: Oops. Lesson in how to turn positive marketing fun into negative vibe.
You can check your order status !? I got my hat a while ago

Accountability (still) matters.

Looking forward to learning what the "something special" will be for those who waited in line during that rather chilly (and for some, rainy) morning on March 31st now TWO YEARS AGO.

I certainly would not have expected anything *had it not been offered that day by none other than Elon himself*. However, since it was offered and accepted in good faith, now I expect it - with all of the appreciation (and then some) that such a kind gesture from a billionaire warrants.

As a shareholder, it would be nice if said "something special" was a configurable option, easily toggle-able via software even, since that would incur exactly zero shipping or processing costs. Remember that there were 115,000 of us in line that day. You send something typical and one-size-fits-all like a mug and that's still a chunk of change that could easily exceed $1M. Whereas something creative and cool could get done for significantly less, or certainly not more. $1M buys a reasonable handful of developers and associated testers for a year. This is something that could get done in a 10-week increment with resources to spare.