Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Guilt" for being able to get a Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's true, sorry Strider I could not see that. My bad!!
Yes, it's a photo of me racing my motorcycle at Laguna Seca (Turn 9).

And just to take the topic completely off the rails I am violently anti flag-burning. To me, to burn the flag is to burn the "idea" of America and if you don't like the "idea" of America you should get the hell out. However I'm fully supportive of everyone's right to protest the current "state" of America including burning effigies of politicians, agencies, Congress, the President, themselves, etc.

/me ducks from Doug

Yes, it's a photo of me racing my motorcycle at Laguna Seca (Turn 9).

And just to take the topic completely off the rails I am violently anti flag-burning. To me, to burn the flag is to burn the "idea" of America and if you don't like the "idea" of America you should get the hell out. However I'm fully supportive of everyone's right to protest the current "state" of America including burning effigies of politicians, agencies, Congress, the President, themselves, etc.

/me ducks from Doug

Thanks you have restored my faith.

Lloyd,
I agree w/ your last posts regarding the state of our finances (and taking us even further off-topc :p. In contrast to what you might think I am staunchly fiscally conservative. I don't think the government should ever be allowed to run a deficit. During good times they should build up a surplus of money that they could then give out in unemployment insurance, other stimulus, etc. when times are bad. Americans (and most of the world really) have been getting more government than they've been willing to pay for for decades now but we need to face the music that we're in the hole and we need to decide what amount of government we're willing to pay for. But politicians (all of them, regardless of party, except maybe Ron Paul) have been unwilling to even start the conversation with the public.

Speaking as an outsider, I find it bizarre that many Republicans seem to think it is somehow "conservative" to just cut taxes. It's fiscally conservative to balance the budget! In the current fiscal climate a tax cut is nothing but more spending.

Also consider a recent interview with Bernanke:

One Congressman said that he wanted Bernanke to assume hypothetically that the wishes of both parties were allowed to come true. He wanted Bernanke to assume that the increased taxation of the rich took place as proposed by President Obama. He also wanted Bernanke to assume that all the spending cuts being proposed by Republicans also went into law. He then asked Bernanke whether these suggested changes would address the debt problem....

If we have 1 million EVs on the road by 2015, will that solve the air pollution, noise pollution, gridlock, or national security?

Speaking as an outsider, I find it bizarre that many Republicans seem to think it is somehow "conservative" to just cut taxes. It's fiscally conservative to balance the budget! In the current fiscal climate a tax cut is nothing but more spending.

Curious when the last time the budget was balanced when the conservatives were in power?