Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gulp... I guess this is really happening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So true. I have owned some very nice cars but this is the only one where I am happy to get a yellow light and stop knowing I will be first in line when the light turns green.

This right here!!!!

And the fact that it regens when I slow down, I don’t feel as bad as when I’m in a gas car wearing down the brakes and wasting gas starting up again. Sure, there are some losses still by having to stop. But no comparison.

Update ... o_O

Well - last night, for some reason, I got a different VIN assigned to me on my account page. So, this morning I called the Mt. Kisco service center (where I had changed my delivery to on Monday), and the new VIN is for a car that has just been put on a truck at the factory, and so the earliest it would be delivered would likely be May 19th, not the 7th.

She's looking into why the VIN was switched (she shows the other car is currently near Chicago). Could be because (1) while I had selected Manhasset for delivery, when I got the delivery notice on the 4/27, it said home delivery, (2) I then contacted someone at Tesla who switched it to Manhasset (given many here said better to have delivery at a service location), (3) then got the vin (phone call), (4) And later that day, in a follow up call to Manhasset they said they switched me to Mt. Kisco, as it slightly closer to me.

She said she'd switch it back to the other VIN if it would ultimately be an earlier delivery and there was nothing "wrong" with the car (as a reason for the switch). So, of course, my mind is running wild with "maybe the other VIN/car has something wrong with it" ... and if I get it switched back blah blah blah.

I'm supposed to be hearing back this afternoon. I'm not going to hold my breath given the stories of return phone calls I often see on this forum.

Will keep y'all posted.

I had home delivery for my Model S. Definitely convenient but no walk thru with the car. The driver who dropped it off didn’t know much about it. But that was okay because I spent a lot of time researching ahead of time.

Delivery set for next Tuesday afternoon! omg...omg...

I've never spent this much coin on a ride before EVER (since I bought my first new car), AND I take mass transit to work!!!! Not that I can't swing this (financially) but it goes my mindset regarding vehicles purchases for the past 10 years (not worth shelling out so much money for personal transportation, rapidly depreciating asset, better places to park my money... etc.).

But then I test drove the M3P on March 17th... and the joy of driving I had when I bought my '89 Mustang LX 5.0 returned, and so, I just couldn't help myself!

Still - a bit of me feels foolish for spending so much on something that I won't use often and knowing that - for the most part, people should spend $$ on experiences (i.e., travel), and not material items. But - in support of that logic - driving the M3P is quite an experience :)

And again, you only live once - and, it's time for it to be at least a little "about me", hence my screen-name ;-)

Be well my friends :)
"something that I won't use often"

you will learn very quickly that this will not be true..... you will find yourself going out for joy rides just because it is a Tesla....

Thank heavens, I just journeyed back to my roots. In my younger days it was a southern traditions for a poor boy to own a car that cost more than his house. Boy did I love my 57 Chevy and my Bonneville convertible. After a time, I grew more responsible and convinced myself that a car was just something that moved you from A to B. Then two years ago I lost my mind and ordered a new S. I had completely forgotten how much fun it was to own a beautiful fast car. Then on top of it all, every so often, you get a update that adds or improves a feature. No more when the new cars come out, do you have to say,”I wish my car had that”. To say the least, I have not been disappointed, worth every penny. I just hope you enjoy owning one of the most advanced machines on the planet as I do.

Last edited:
My Model 3 (delivered last Nov.) was the first truly new car I've ever bought, and the most money I've ever spent on a car. I've never once regretted my purchase. I've owned several Audis and BMW's and everything about my Model 3 is the best of any car I've ever owned (the nav is the best nav I've ever had; the backup camera is the best backup camera I've ever had; etc.). Not a day goes by that my car doesn't put a smile on my face. That's gotta be worth something.

Delivery set for next Tuesday afternoon! omg...omg...

I've never spent this much coin on a ride before EVER (since I bought my first new car), AND I take mass transit to work!!!! Not that I can't swing this (financially) but it goes my mindset regarding vehicles purchases for the past 10 years (not worth shelling out so much money for personal transportation, rapidly depreciating asset, better places to park my money... etc.).

But then I test drove the M3P on March 17th... and the joy of driving I had when I bought my '89 Mustang LX 5.0 returned, and so, I just couldn't help myself!

Still - a bit of me feels foolish for spending so much on something that I won't use often and knowing that - for the most part, people should spend $$ on experiences (i.e., travel), and not material items. But - in support of that logic - driving the M3P is quite an experience :)

And again, you only live once - and, it's time for it to be at least a little "about me", hence my screen-name ;-)

Be well my friends :)

Same here. I’d been driving my 15 year old Subaru Forrester but between the test drive and it being electric AND it gets better with the updates...I’m a happy camper.
Congratulations!

I bought an ex demo Model S P100D in December, I do have regrets occasionally about my timing, it is $10k cheaper new now with longer range and maybe a slight extra performance. Also we are selling our second home to cover the cost (long story, was always the plan, we're transitioning between USA and Australia) and financially would have been less stress to do that first then buy the car. That said, was on a pushbike before in Australia, so we needed a car for the last 4 months, I'd have been renting or settling for something I didn't want otherwise.

On the topic of regrets, I added PPF to the car, in hindsight, probably wouldn't bother again, cost to repair the odd chip and scratch would likely have you coming out on top over time, the Tesla paint job isn't really worth protecting like a Ferrari or Lambo.

Overall though, with timing aside, no regrets on the choice of car itself. If I was in the market right now for a car, it would be an S, LR or Performance, same colour (blue) maybe the wheels would be 19s instead of 21s and AP over EAP, really wouldn't be far from where I landed and wouldn't have had the pleasure of road tripping around SW Australia for the last 3 months. We did over 10000km in just that short time! At $1 a km I really should stop whinging ;)

Reactions: Leafdriver333
@Dads-reward - I understand how you feel. I went it to test drive a Model 3, figuring I'd get a new driving experience for about the same $50k I typically spend on a new car. Unfortunately at the moment I went in for the test drive they didn't have a Model 3 available to drive. So I drove a Model X and bought one 24 hours later. Suddenly my $50k spend became $100k!! And it's been worth every penny! :)
Rock on @steve1313!