Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had no intention of buying a car 2 wks ago...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But got tricked into a test drive and now I have the following on order:

Model S 60
Solid White Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Premium Center Console
White Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package

I still have 2 days before it's confirmed - am not too sure on white vs black alcantara and the dark ash v matte obecehe wood...a bit concerned about the interior being too dark. any suggestions?

Model S 60
Solid White Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Premium Center Console
Supercharger Enabled
Premium Upgrades Package

I still have 2 days before it's confirmed - am not too sure on white vs black alcantara and the dark ash v matte obecehe wood...a bit concerned about the interior being too dark. any suggestions?

I think with the pano roof you should not be concerned about the interior being too dark...

If you want to make changes do them now. Otherwise it will be a lot of hassle later. I ordered a 70D two days before refresh/ facelift.

I wanted a black headliner but it was bundled with the upgraded interior so I settled for white. I paid $750 to upgrade to matte Obeche.

To change to black headliner and dark ash. I will have to change to the new price book ( design & available options/configuration) after refresh date. I will be required to not only give up the the 70D and either go with a 60D or 75D and will have to pay $750 (the remainder of the price increase of $1500).

To top this off I selected a six months delayed delivery so production is not affected and there is no cost difference in materials white vs. black headliner.

Everyone is like robots....reading some BS company policy off of a computer screen.

VERY DISAPPOINTED

Welcome to the future :)

I did the same thing. I was following Tesla for about 2 years. When the new auto pilot was released I was interested in taking it for a test drive. I was home with my daughter and we were board so we decided to go to the Tesla store. The test drive was fantastic. I was getting ready to leave and the sales rep said "Why don't you take the car home for the evening and bring it back tomorrow morning when the store opens." Well... the rest is history.

I am not a car person, but I look for every excuse to drive the Tesla.

Best of luck to you.

I think that if fingerprints, ect are going to bother you then the matte obeche is beautiful and won't show fingerprints as much. I personally like contrast between the seats and headliner, either headliner will give you an amazing look with that combo!

Black seats and Black Alacantra, imho. If you went with lighter color seats then match the Alacantra to the paint (white).
My car didn't have the option for different Alacantra and I would choose black to go with the seats if given the choice today. The pano roof does make the interior feel plenty spacious, so black Alacantra can be done.

I wouldn't get the center console, but support those who make that choice. Everything else looks like great choices.

Home charging really is a nice convenience. Even just using the mobile charger permanently at home with a basic circuit is much more convenient than depending on supercharger access before/after/during work.

Model S 60
Solid White Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Premium Center Console
Supercharger Enabled
Premium Upgrades Package

This is the exact configuration ( except for Tan NextGen seats) i confirmed last week. Good luck. Have you updated the spreadsheet ? Model S Order & Delivery 2016

Model S 60
Solid White Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Premium Center Console
Supercharger Enabled
Premium Upgrades Package

We live in AZ, took a vacation to SoCal. Stopped in San Diego dealer in the mall. Took a test drive in a MS P90DL. Then was given same car for a 24 hour test. Brought it back 28 hours later and bought similar car. Not sure what just happened.