Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hanging up from a call?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 Y has a phone button at the bottom of the screen. If your software is the same you would hit that and it will bring up the answer and "hang up" buttons. If you don't have that phone button showing you should be able to select it so it stays at the bottom all the time.

Not a repetition, nor "a substitute for a decent interface," but letting folk know of the range, and convenience, of voice commands available to them.

My reference to windshield wipers was in response to the post above mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanDi58
Hey everyone, I’m a new Tesla Model Y owner. Where do i hang up a phone call? (Has this been updated by now?). Also how do I get my iphone text messages to appear in the car? Can they be read to me aloud?
There should be phone controls at the bottom of the screen when you’re on a call. Do they not show up for you?
BB57BAEF-A71A-4859-AD17-DFA36436DF91.jpeg

As far as text messages go, open the settings screen then tap the Bluetooth icon at the top to open the Bluetooth settings screen. There should be an option to sync text messages for your phone.

When a text message arrives it will give a notice at the bottom of the screen. Either tap the notification or press the right scroll wheel and it will read the message to you.

Reactions: BnGrm
There should be phone controls at the bottom of the screen when you’re on a call. Do they not show up for you?
View attachment 819622
As far as text messages go, open the settings screen then tap the Bluetooth icon at the top to open the Bluetooth settings screen. There should be an option to sync text messages for your phone.

When a text message arrives it will give a notice at the bottom of the screen. Either tap the notification or press the right scroll wheel and it will read the message to you.
What if i don't want to hang up the call, just simply (swiftly) disconnect the phone?

View attachment 819622

View attachment 819622

Thank you…. I did find that on the bottom left screen now. So there is no short Cut on the steering wheel? Just the screen? Jeepers… For this kind of money, nobody programmed the OS to have a hard key like the left scroll wheel button press to hang up? I hate taking eyes off the road to hang up a call. Was hoping this kind of thing was fixed by now.

Ok and for messages, I go into my phone to do that stuff or is it the car (open settings, Bluetooth, settings, sync text messages)?

Tesla recently added the feature to dismiss text messages via the scroll wheel. It only makes sense that we should be able to do the same thing for a phone call. I have found myself trying to hang up a call with the wheels a few times, only to remember that I have to touch the main screen to hang up. I agree that this should be "fixed".
Agree completely. It feels like they’re pushing us more and more to the touchscreen. For most functions this is okay but to disconnect a call you shouldn’t need to take your eyes off the road. My old S allowed me to use the scroll wheel to end a call. (Same with a/c fan speed)

Tesla recently added the feature to dismiss text messages via the scroll wheel. It only makes sense that we should be able to do the same thing for a phone call. I have found myself trying to hang up a call with the wheels a few times, only to remember that I have to touch the main screen to hang up. I agree that this should be "fixed".
Totally agree. It seems like they are moving us more and more to using the touchscreen. In most cases this is fine, but for disconnecting a phone call you shouldn’t have to take your eyes off the road. On my old model S, I would just use the scroll wheel. (Same with controlling the fan speed on the air conditioning, by the way)

This has been my #1 pet peeve/most annoying thing about my car since I got it over a year ago. Why we can't answer or hang up the phone without the touchscreen is a mystery........how hard can it be? So many other car makers have had that option for literally decades (using a steering wheel button). I tried using voice commands to hang up the phone - warning my sister on the other end first - but it didn't work.