Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook ion Evo AS on a MXP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this possible? All the tire sites I go to order from say they are incompatible with Plaid, but compatible with LR. Make it make sense. This tire has a W speed rating of 168mph max, which is the top speed of the plaid, so I cant imagine speed is a factor. Is anyone running these tires? If so, where did you get them?

It would help to post the size and load ratings of the tires you consider. If they are a close match to the stock ones, then they fit. These tire sites don't have the complete or always correct info. I am running 265/40/20 symmetric winter tires on my MYP, Michelin Pilot Alpin 5s, and they are not listed as compatible anywhere but they are perfectly fine based on size and load rating, and this is what I research when looking at tires.

That said why put efficiency-designed tires on a PLAID? How are they better than the stock Continentals? I would put an ultra high-performance tire or leave the stock on. I am running Pirelli Weatheractives matching stock 20 inch sizes and they are noisier and less efficient than the stock, but perform pretty well otherwise - I wanted a better snow/ice tire than the Conti's while still driving in mostly snowless conditions 98% of the time.

The iON evo AS are ultra high performance all season. They do make them for the 22 inch plaid size and discount tire sells them online.

When the time comes I’ll either get these or the Pirelli scorpion zero A/S.

Sure, I am aware. I would still not get a tire advertised for lower rolling resistance on a Plaid (how do they beat the stock Contis to justify the cost?). There is no magic (as there is no magic with other do-it-all advertised tires). If cruising and road noise is your priority with lesser sacrifice in grip and traction - perhaps. I'd never consider these on a Plaid, reviews are mixed at best, but someone posted 21 inch custom wheels with them on the 3rd party wheels forum - so ask for feedback. Wouldn't buy without test driving A/B.

p.s. of course if the OP has 22 inch wheels, and wants AS tire, it's an option. But why get 22 inch wheels if you worry about rolling resistance and efficiency.

Last edited:
I have them on my 22s on my MXP and I love them. They're quieter and grippier than the stock 20 tire (the Conti LX Cross) and to those asking why you would care about rolling resistance if you're getting 22s it offsets the large wheel and weight. Since switching the computer to say I have 22s I've consistently come above estimates in efficiency.

I've had no performance problems with these in hard launches or sweeping curves. Maybe if you were tracking your car, but other than that I think it's the best all around tire that I've found, and I believe the tire they're using on the updated Model 3s. Only complaint is price. The Pilot PS4As would have been cheaper but I had them on my MYP and didn't like how noisy and harsh they were.

I got mine at townfair tire.

IMG_5885.jpeg