Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow New 2023 Model Y 9" HUD Instrument Cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just returned my 9” unit to Hansshow. The audio routing was buggy - music comes out of Tesla speakers, Siri comes out of the Hansshow tinny little speaker and/or phone calls have terrible echo. They talked me through a bunch of nonsense things to try to get it working, then they told me “the engineer is working on the fix” (twice) but it turned out that wasn’t true. Then they tried to convince me to keep it by offering some money ($50) - but I was done with it. The unit has now been returned to them, waiting to see if they will actually issue the refund, I’ll update this thread with the result. I am more satisfied with the CarLinkit T2C.

I just returned my 9” unit to Hansshow. The audio routing was buggy - music comes out of Tesla speakers, Siri comes out of the Hansshow tinny little speaker and/or phone calls have terrible echo. They talked me through a bunch of nonsense things to try to get it working, then they told me “the engineer is working on the fix” (twice) but it turned out that wasn’t true. Then they tried to convince me to keep it by offering some money ($50) - but I was done with it. The unit has now been returned to them, waiting to see if they will actually issue the refund, I’ll update this thread with the result. I am more satisfied with the CarLinkit T2C.
Just curious was the vent diffuser piece you place behind the display vent to re-route the air so it doesn't have air flow issues actually work or is it really a gimmick? I think this new updated 9 inch display was the first time Hansshow has included that vent diffuser piece for convenience.

How did you know the SW engineer was not working on a software update to fix the audio routing issues?

Just curious was the vent diffuser piece you place behind the display vent to re-route the air so it doesn't have air flow issues actually work or is it really a gimmick? I think this new updated 9 inch display was the first time Hansshow has included that vent diffuser piece for convenience.

How did you know the SW engineer was not working on a software update to fix the audio routing issues?
Vent diffuser didn’t seem to make any difference - in fact it may have blocked more airflow than it “redirected”, waste of time. The third support person I spoke to said they can’t/aren’t fixing it and offered me the $50 for the “inconvenience”. He also offered to upgrade me to the newer 10.25” unit that he said was “much better than the old 9 inch”.

Vent diffuser didn’t seem to make any difference - in fact it may have blocked more airflow than it “redirected”, waste of time. The third support person I spoke to said they can’t/aren’t fixing it and offered me the $50 for the “inconvenience”. He also offered to upgrade me to the newer 10.25” unit that he said was “much better than the old 9 inch”.
So u have the old 9 inch model and not the new OTA version kind? I wonder if the new OTA version fixes your issues.

I had OTA. It is now “old” according to Hansshow.

That's the problem with a lot of these no-brand chinese products that are sold by the likes of Hansshow and many others. They always look great on paper, but can often be full of bugs that never get fixed, despite promises from the resellers that fixes are being worked on. The makers have just moved on to the next version, and people with previous versions just have to buy a new one!

I just bought the 5.16" display from Hansshow and am now wondering if I made a mistake and should have gotten the new 9" display with Android Auto. Part of the reason I opted for the 5.16" display was the airflow block but then I see this new vent diffuser thing that comes in the package and was curious for those that have the new OTA version if the vent diffuser is a game changer.

I think I will use the 5.16" display for awhile and I feel like Hansshow will always come out with new products so maybe in 1-2 years, I may want to opt for the 9" display.

I personally have no interest installing a second onboard computer in my car and having to press the screen through the steering wheel! But I'm very interested in your feedback on this new 5" ultra mini display. I am interested in a simple driver information display that looks OEM and provides just essential info, so the original 4" display looked ideal to me except it seemed a little small for my liking. So this bigger one looks perfect for my needs.

Reactions: gtae07
That's the problem with a lot of these no-brand chinese products that are sold by the likes of Hansshow and many others. They always look great on paper, but can often be full of bugs that never get fixed, despite promises from the resellers that fixes are being worked on. The makers have just moved on to the next version, and people with previous versions just have to buy a new one!

I personally have no interest installing a second onboard computer in my car and having to press the screen through the steering wheel! But I'm very interested in your feedback on this new 5" ultra mini display. I am interested in a simple driver information display that looks OEM and provides just essential info, so the original 4" display looked ideal to me except it seemed a little small for my liking. So this bigger one looks perfect for my needs.
You should check out the relevant thread for the 5.16" display.

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

Reactions: LiamPope

I've read a lot of forum posts for different add-on displays, and I think that Hannshow is uniquely bad. I'd discourage anyone from buying from them, because of nonsense like this example- it doesn't work properly, and they refuse to fix it. Same example can be found for their frunk opener, and also for their audio upgrade.

I don't believe this is endemic to anything Chinese, although you definitely need to keep your skeptic hat on. I bought the TopFit display, and have been very happy with it. I've installed 6 different software updates that they have continued to update, when Tesla modified something that broke their output display. Like having high-beam indicator stuck on.

I'd caution anyone against Hansshow products. If you read the threads about their audio upgrade systems, and powered frunk kits, it can turn into a real nightmare, with essentially zero support. They don't stand behind their products like you might expect. The previous gen 10" was sufficiently lame, buggy, and no updates that numerous people just removed it and wrote it off. Tread carefully so you go in eyes open.

Not sure it's on your radar, but I installed a different display "TopFit" or whoever Chinese actually makes this:

Same caveats apply, although I can say that I've not had any trouble with mine, and we've been able to update the software to fix glitches after Tesla updates. It's a much, much simpler idea though, no Waze, no apps, no Android, no touch screen. But it does what I want, which is move speed, turn signals, gear, lights into my main view.

I've used this for about two years now, and I still really like it.
Well said. Hansshow's support doesn't exist. Do not buy .