Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks nice, but i do not see any mention of the ability to do firmware upgrades.

In the pictures i can see a USB-C port, but my exprience is, if a chinese seller does not specifically mention a feature, it is best to assume it does not have it.

I would not expect it to come with software updates either, best to find a solution that meets your current requirements. FWIW this applies to everything off AliX...
But just as any tech with firmware, it might have bugs, and even though i have not very often, seen chinese manufacturers do firmware upgrades, i have seen Hansshow do a single update to mitigate errors on theit 4 inch display.

But on the other hand...."Firmware update possible" is not the same as "Firmware update will ever be released" when dealing with the Chinese. My, now totalled Chinese EV, was also sold with "OTA updates of infotainment" but looking at the brand specific forum, this car has now been on the roads for one year, and they have never released any firmware updates, even though there are numerous reports of bugs.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
..."Firmware update possible" is not the same as "Firmware update will ever be released"
This is so true. Almost all the aftermarket screens have the "possibility" of updates but when the manufacturers don't write any updates, that claim is meaningless. Even my TSportline dash cluster, they mentioned it's updatable and it was hinted updates are in the works almost 1/2 year ago to address some of the issues. However, nothing has happened. Not hopeful this will change as the actual manuafacturer doesn't seem to have any incentive to invest in software updating.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
This is so true. Almost all the aftermarket screens have the "possibility" of updates but when the manufacturers don't write any updates, that claim is meaningless. Even my TSportline dash cluster, they mentioned it's updatable and it was hinted updates are in the works almost 1/2 year ago to address some of the issues. However, nothing has happened. Not hopeful this will change as the actual manuafacturer doesn't seem to have any incentive to invest in software updating.
To be honest my take on this is, they do make changed, bugfixes and so on, to the software, but they only put it in the next iteration of their product.

With cheap chinese stuff like this, they almost never do updates to "old" products.

They could very easily implement the changes and bugfixes in the existing products, but they would much rather you buy another one from them.

The Chinese android radio i bought for my other car still runs android 4 to this day.

Wrote to ask them for an update to a newer version and the reply was as expected "We dont update the product, the hardware does not support more than android 4"

Interestingly enough, i found "alternative" firmware images for the radio online, they had updates all the way to, i think android 8

So the "Hardware can not support it" is a blatant lie. I never bothered to update, google maps still works (Albeit the app stopped getting update a couple of years ago, but the actual maps are still up to d ate) The car is now 12 years old so i wont bother to change the radio as long as it works.

I’m considering either the 4.6” screen or this new 5.16” screen. Leaning towards the 4.6 as it’s under £100 on Aliexpress, and there’s very little info on the 5.16 currently.

One feature I wish they had is the TACC set speed, would be annoying to keep having to look over at the main screen for that.

Hansshow removed the additional UI photos from their website. The listing on alibaba still list these pictures so i'm hoping the software hasn't changed. That's one of the advantage for the 5" screen, different/better display interfaces.

Screenshot.jpg

Hansshow removed the additional UI photos from their website. The listing on alibaba still list these pictures so i'm hoping the software hasn't changed. That's one of the advantage for the 5" screen, different/better display interfaces.

View attachment 913363
Those UIs are not on this unit, was probably a mistake.

Here’s a new video on the 5.16 screen, shows the 2 UIs available.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: israndy and EVLR
Those UIs are not on this unit, was probably a mistake.

Here’s a new video on the 5.16 screen, shows the 2 UIs available.

Whelp! I wish you hadnt posted, but thank you.

Just ordered this after watching the review. This is exactly the size I was looking for. I think the 4" is too tiny and anything over 6" just blocks the vents..5" is perfect.

Now I just need my car 🚗 🚨!

Reactions: teaston
I appreciate the UI showing the two line, blue bar, autopilot when activated and it shows the glowing steering wheel whenever you need to squeeze the wheel. It's also simple and almost OEM like.

Shows current speed and maximum street/hwy speed limits.

I appreciate the UI showing the two line, blue bar, autopilot when activated and it shows the glowing steering wheel whenever you need to squeeze the wheel. It's also simple and almost OEM like.

Shows current speed and maximum street/hwy speed limits.
Yes it’s got a lot of cool features. If only it had the TACC set speed, and nav next turn instructions, then it would be perfect.

Yes it’s got a lot of cool features. If only it had the TACC set speed, and nav next turn instructions, then it would be perfect.

True, from what I saw through the instructions, once we route and install the harness, future upgrades will be extremely easy.

Having said that, once EAP/FSD matures more, I won't care to see TACC nor Navigation. I just expect those features to work. LOL