Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow vs Tesla Offer Power Frunk/Trunk - which one to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To start, follow the instructions in this video:

Recent car software no longer brings up the test screen. Instead you get a 404 when you visit 192.168.90.100:8080, which means the connection to the car is valid. Or at least this was the case when I did it a few months ago.

Newer cars also just use an RJ45 connector on both ends of the cable rather than a proprietary one.

Recent car software no longer brings up the test screen. Instead you get a 404 when you visit 192.168.90.100:8080, which means the connection to the car is valid. Or at least this was the case when I did it a few months ago.

Newer cars also just use an RJ45 connector on both ends of the cable rather than a proprietary one.
Thanks, great guide. I seem to have what I need to connect to my car. Hopefully someone at some point will know what settings that needs to be configured to fully integrate the EVOffer trunk kit to the car. Until then, I think I’ll wait as I am not prepared to pay for Toolbox access until I know the settings, and have confirmation that access give me the option to permanently change them. I might ask the local EVOffer in Norway if they might have annual Toolbox access and could look into it for us.

Thanks, great guide. I seem to have what I need to connect to my car. Hopefully someone at some point will know what settings that needs to be configured to fully integrate the EVOffer trunk kit to the car. Until then, I think I’ll wait as I am not prepared to pay for Toolbox access until I know the settings, and have confirmation that access give me the option to permanently change them. I might ask the local EVOffer in Norway if they might have annual Toolbox access and could look into it for us.
Have sent instructions via dm.

Reactions: Whateverdude

Thanks. Managed to get a plain 404 page (white page with a single line of plain text saying 404 Not Found) so assume it’s working.

Interestingly when I plugged the diagnostic cable in to the car and the other end to an Ethernet port it detected this and asked me whether I wanted to go into service mode, and said that it would keep the car awake. Wasn’t expecting that.

• Informative
Reactions: doats1
Hi, just wanted to update that I successfully managed to fully integrate my EVOffer Mark 3.0 Trunk kit to my 2019 Model 3 with HW3 this morning.
The screen and app open/close commands are now the same as for the cars delivered with electric trunk.

I spent some time researching on forums, YT etc. but in short, this is what’s needed for the job:
- Download and install latest FW from EVOffer (currently 3T mk3.0 updateA20302)
- Get a diagnostic cable from eBay/Amazon
- Prepare laptop with manual IP, Chrome settings etc (details in prevous posts in this thread)
- Subscribe for 1 hour Toolbox access (takes about 5-10 minutes to do the config so plenty of time)
In the Toolbox menu you need to change the «powerLiftgateType» and there are 3 options:
- NOT_INSTALLED
Manual liftgate installed

- TESLA_REV1
Powered liftgate installed

- HUADE_REV1
Discrete Huade power liftgate ECU retrofitted

My car was originally configured NOT_INSTALLED and I changed it to HUADE_REV1
I was tempted to test TESLA_REV1 option to see what would happen, but decided to not push my luck as everything now works the way I wanted.

Being able to do this based on information on this forum is fantastic. Thanks for sharing info and experiences.
And a special thanks to @doats1 for great info on how to navigate in Toolbox to find the necessary «powerLiftgateType» settings.

Hi, just wanted to update that I successfully managed to fully integrate my EVOffer Mark 3.0 Trunk kit to my 2019 Model 3 with HW3 this morning.
The screen and app open/close commands are now the same as for the cars delivered with electric trunk.

I spent some time researching on forums, YT etc. but in short, this is what’s needed for the job:
- Prepare laptop with manual IP, Chrome settings etc (details in prevous posts in this thread)
- Subscribe for 1 hour Toolbox access (takes about 5-10 minutes to do the config so plenty of time)
In the Toolbox menu you need to change the «powerLiftgateType» and there are 3 options:
- NOT_INSTALLED

- TESLA_REV1

- HUADE_REV1

I was tempted to test TESLA_REV1 option to see what would happen, but decided to not push my luck as everything now works the way I wanted.

Being able to do this based on information on this forum is fantastic. Thanks for sharing info and experiences.
And a special thanks to @doats1 for great info on how to navigate in Toolbox to find the necessary «powerLiftgateType» settings.
Nice one, thanks for the info. I’ve ordered the same kit but have been waiting nearly a month for it to ship due to the Chinese New Year holiday. :(

How hard was it to replace the ECU and the one in the trunk lid? Pulling the wire through wasn’t too hard?

I already had the Mark 3.0 EVOffer kit installed. So only SW changes for me related to this upgrade.

That said, I originally installed the kit myself, and temporary partly removed it when Tesla performed the Trunk harness recall at some point.
So I have done the wire pulling twice already.
It is not a problem at all, as long as you release the strips that holds the rubber hose to the hinge.
Also release the rubber hose from both ends.
The strips can be opened and reused as long as you open them correctly.
I recommend to watch some YT videos if you haven’t done it before. You will find some useful hints on how to remount the rubber hose to the trunk lid.
Good luck :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
So what is the reason why Tesla cannot seem to install the official retrofit on a 2018?
If it's just the CANBUS connector in the rear center console, what if you did a 2.0 center console retrofit?

Could someone who has done an official Tesla retrofit take a picture of the center console plug to see what's up there?

Really want this but don't want to install it myself
$800 installed seems like a good deal not to deal with the hassle of installing, app says incompatible but I have the blue connector in the back.

So what is the reason why Tesla cannot seem to install the official retrofit on a 2018?
If it's just the CANBUS connector in the rear center console, what if you did a 2.0 center console retrofit?

Could someone who has done an official Tesla retrofit take a picture of the center console plug to see what's up there?

Really want this but don't want to install it myself
$800 installed seems like a good deal not to deal with the hassle of installing, app says incompatible but I have the blue connector in the back.
Yes, this seems to be the reason Tesla isn't installing it on the older models. If you have upgraded your center console, you should contact your nearest service center to see if they are willing to do the retrofit for you. You might have to prove to them that your connectors are compatible.

Reactions: davidalindsey

- NOT_INSTALLED

- TESLA_REV1

- HUADE_REV1

Glad to hear it all worked out. I never received my cable so I had to hold off with doing the software configs. I have 2.5 version installed in my car and 3.0 in a relative's car. I still need to take my car for the wire harness recall so maybe I will just order the mark 3.0 upgrade kit and do it all together. Learned the hard way this week when I accidentally remotely triggered the rear hatch to open.. I need to do this update the configs for both cars.

Can you confirm you can remotely close the rear hatch from the app now?

Glad to hear it all worked out. I never received my cable so I had to hold off with doing the software configs. I have 2.5 version installed in my car and 3.0 in a relative's car. I still need to take my car for the wire harness recall so maybe I will just order the mark 3.0 upgrade kit and do it all together. Learned the hard way this week when I accidentally remotely triggered the rear hatch to open.. I need to do this update the configs for both cars.

Can you confirm you can remotely close the rear hatch from the app now?
Yes, I can open and close from two different places in the Tesla App and on the screen in the car.
Added a few before and after images.

I can also open and close the frunk from all the same places as I have the EVOffer Frunk kit. The close function from the app disappeared some time ago. But now I can close from the app like before. Not sure if that is related to the changes I did today, or if it came back with an iOS Tesla app update I got last night. (4.30.6-2531)

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpeg
    IMG_0022.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0020.jpeg
    IMG_0020.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 15
I already had the Mark 3.0 EVOffer kit installed. So only SW changes for me related to this upgrade.

That said, I originally installed the kit myself, and temporary partly removed it when Tesla performed the Trunk harness recall at some point.
So I have done the wire pulling twice already.
It is not a problem at all, as long as you release the strips that holds the rubber hose to the hinge.
Also release the rubber hose from both ends.
The strips can be opened and reused as long as you open them correctly.
I recommend to watch some YT videos if you haven’t done it before. You will find some useful hints on how to remount the rubber hose to the trunk lid.
Good luck :)

What did you remove for the Tesla wire harness recall? I'm going to try to get this done this month. I'm assuming just remove the cabling routed to trunk lid. did you remove the small control unit located in the trunk lid?

What did you remove for the Tesla wire harness recall? I'm going to try to get this done this month. I'm assuming just remove the cabling routed to trunk lid. did you remove the small control unit located in the trunk lid?
I reverted back to the original gas struts. Pulling thru some wires while removing the powered struts to make it easier to remount the power struts after the recall. Removed the kit cables routed to trunk lid. Removed the open/close button at the lid. Blocked the hole with a rubber grommet. Left the control unit as I coincidentally had placed it inside the chassis in the lid, so it didn’t show anyway. Replaced the kit latch eye with the original latch. Left the main controller box and all the other parts and cables connected as they would not be interfering with the recall work. Quite a lot of work. Especially being outside in 2-3deg Celsius the day before the sheduled harnes recall appointment. I did all this to make sure Tesla would not come up with an excuse not to do the recall. But you might get away with less hassle than what I did.
Good luck 😊

Reactions: Durzel