Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow vs Tesla Offer Power Frunk/Trunk - which one to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a photo, link or screenshot of the aforementioned “trimmed” seal?

Ski

You can jump into about the one minute mark in this video to see the new seal.

Screenshot_20201107-183030.png

Screenshot_20201107-183507.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
Is anyone here having problems taking these through the car wash? I took mine in today and the kick sensor was triggered, causing the trunk to open mid way through the car wash.

Tesla Offer trunk kit is safeguarded from accidental triggers as it is directly tied into the CAN bus. The Hansshow V4 kit does not currently support CAN bus safety features.

What would a CANBUS connection include feature wise? maybe I can shed some light based on what features mine comes with.
Most/all of these mods lie about the status of the trunk to trick the car into showing the open button when the trunk is already open so you can click the button again to close the trunk.

Can bus connection allows the control module to figure out when it should tell the truth about the status of the trunk.

If the car is in drive it will stop lying to the car. That way if you forget to close the trunk and start to drive off the car will beep at you.

If the driver's seat is empty, it stops lying to the car. There's no need for it to lie since there is no one in the car to press the button and this way if you are away from your car and want to check to see if the trunk is open or closed the Tesla app will report the correct status.

Most/all of these mods lie about the status of the trunk to trick the car into showing the open button when the trunk is already open so you can click the button again to close the trunk.

Can bus connection allows the control module to figure out when it should tell the truth about the status of the trunk.

If the car is in drive it will stop lying to the car. That way if you forget to close the trunk and start to drive off the car will beep at you.

If the driver's seat is empty, it stops lying to the car. There's no need for it to lie since there is no one in the car to press the button and this way if you are away from your car and want to check to see if the trunk is open or closed the Tesla app will report the correct status.
So I just tried something, I shifted the car from park to drive. From there I opened the trunk from the app and the car kept beeping at me that trunk Is open and to proceed with caution.