Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hardware 3 vs Hardware 4 (Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Petros my M3P is the same age as yours, Dec, 2019. While I would love to be able to get some upgrades, I've resigned myself to accepting the car as it is and waiting for something compelling to upgrade to. My car is still in excellent shape after ~56,000 km, so the existing M3 or MY options are not compelling enough.

The one thing that Tesla could do that might entice me is ventilated seats. The upgraded MCU, HW4 cameras, powered boot, etc. are nice to have, but the ventilated seats would change my driving experience.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hungry Mile
I wonder if they’ll make an upgrade to hardware 4 for my 2020 M3.
Elon has said it is not possible to upgrade from HW3 to HW4 due to different form factor etc etc.
I don't really care about FSD until I can sit in the back and drink a beer while the car drives itself;)

ventilated seats would change my driving experience
Interested in your view about ventilated seats. Is it for the heat where you live?

• Funny
Reactions: Hungry Mile
My car is still in excellent shape after ~56,000 km, so the existing M3 or MY options are not compelling enough.

@louco73 you’ve done about 1k more than me. But unlike you I’m more interested in the way the car performs.
I recently had to drive manually on a motorway as the wipers were going crazy and I was reminded how much AP relieves a lot of the cognitive load. I want it to work better.

Reactions: Hairyman
The sensors is one thing but also the shift to 50 TOPs vs 36 TOPs. Plus have dual processing where redundant units process then error handled on any difference in output.

Rumours persist that HW5 though will be needed for top shelf full self driving. HW5 is apparently well underway in design.

The sensors is one thing but also the shift to 50 TOPs vs 36 TOPs. Plus have dual processing where redundant units process then error handled on any difference in output.

Rumours persist that HW5 though will be needed for top shelf full self driving. HW5 is apparently well underway in design.
Are you referring to the tesla term ‘full self driving’ or level 5 autonomy?